Chapter 13: Going back to the past?

Tsubaki's pov

We were all sitting around the table while I was eating, "How's the food, sweetheart?" Mom rubbed my back, as I scarfed down the food. "It's so good. More please." I had finished seven bowls already and this only made Mom laugh, while the others looked to me like I was crazy. "Oh you and your appetite, it's just like your father." She took the bowl out of my hand and kissed my forehead.

"What?" I asked the others, making them sweat-drop. "Wow, you eat as much as Goku." Krillen said, "Well, I do have a big appetite." Mom set the bowl down in front of me and I started chowing down. "Wow," I scarfed the entire bowl down in a minute, and burped. "Excuse me." I rubbed my belly and sat back. "Thanks Momma, that was good." She smiled and took the bowl away.

"So what do we do about the androids?" Chichi asked, "Well, maybe there's something we could do to help. Tsubaki and I could travel to the past in my time machine and destroy the androids before Dr. Gero has a chance to activate them. It shouldn't be that hard know that we know where his laboratory is." Trunks suggested, "Hey! Yeah, that's a great idea." Yamcha said, "I don't like the idea of you two going after the androids without any back up. What if something goes wrong? Besides, didn't you say that your time capsule only had enough energy to make it back home? You could be trapped in the past forever!" Krillen said.

"Maybe," Trunks shrugged, "Yeah, I agree with Krillen. But Trunks has a point." I said, "Hey! If you go back in the past and destroy the androids before Dr. Gero wakes them up, what happens to the androids that are here in this time? They wouldn't just vanish would they? Because if a change in the past makes them vanish, what happens to the.." Gohan was cut off by Mom. "Gohan, that's none of your business. You mind your studies." Mom scolded, "No, mom! He's right." I said, "Yeah, he is. What was I thinking? If we go back in time and destroy the androids, I can only change the future of that world. But I can't change anything that they've already done since they got activated which means there's really no point in us going back." Trunks said. "Yeah, Trunks that's right. If we were to change that wouldn't it be pointless since they would have already been activated anyways?" I stood up with my hands on the table, "Can you two try that in English please?" Krillen asked, which made Mom turn her attention on us.

"Uh, alright. Let's see. You know Goku's alive now because of the medicine we brought back from the future? Well, in the future world that medicine came from, Goku didn't make it. That's because we can only change one reality, not both. In other words, there are two realities out there. In one of them, Goku survives. In the other, well, let's just say he isn't that lucky." Trunks explained and I sat back down when he mentioned Dad. "Let me try to understand it. You're saying that even if Goku beats the androids in our world, they'd still be alive in your world of the future? Boy, that sounds like some kind of parallel universe or something." Krillen said, "Yeah, that's exactly it. Just wished that in both realities we didn't lose him." I said, playing with my fingers.

"So why did you two bother to come in the first place, Trunks, Tsubaki? You just said you couldn't change anything." Yamcha asked, "My mother. You see it was my mother's idea to send us back to the past. She didn't think there was anything more we could do to help the people in our world. But she knew there were others we could help." Trunks explained, "Although mom, didn't exactly want me to go. She realized that I wouldn't change my mind and stay home while Trunks went off on a dangerous mission. She didn't like that I was going somewhere dangerous but I told her Trunks had my back. Besides, Trunks wouldn't let anything happen to me." I said looking at him and I guess Trunks was thinking of what Bulma had told him.

"I agreed with my mother that I should travel back in time, but I had my own reasons for wanting to go. I had hope that in the past, with Goku's help, I would find the androids had some weakness. That way I could go back to the future. And even though I still wouldn't be able to bring back those already gone, I might be able to save the people who are left." Trunks said and they turned their attention to me. "So, why did you agree to go?" Yamcha asked, "Well for one, I wanted to see my Dad. Back in our time, he died when I was just a baby so I didn't remember much only that he had given me his power pole. I decided to come because I wanted to help you guys beat the androids and I wanted to keep an eye on Trunks. I mean mom, did say she was expecting us to have kids when we get older." I blushed, looking down at the table. "But that's not the only reason why. I couldn't let Trunks go on his own. He means the world to me and if something happens while he was here and I wasn't there for him, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself." I said, scratching the back of my head while looking everywhere but at them. "Wait.... You and Trunks are dating?!!" Yamcha yelled, he had this shocked look on his face. "Yeah, we are. We've been dating for a while now. Maybe about a couple of years." I said, with a funny look on my face. "Wow, and both Chichi and Bulma from your time are okay with it?" Krillen yelled. "Well, at first they were a little bit hesitant but once they saw how we looked after each other, they didn't mind it all. Although... Bulma has walked in on Trunks and I making out." I started to laugh, rubbing the back of my head as they all looked to me.

"What?!!" They all fell out of their seats, "And where was I when that happened?!" Gohan yelled, "Well, when we first started dating. Future you, was not all that happy about it. It was kinda funny how you were when we were training with the future you. But if Trunks and I had gotten into arguments to the point where I would cry, he suddenly became a little too over protective and tried to work Trunks to death. It was funny and kinda scary to see you that way. But when future you died, I broke. And the only one to fix me was Trunks, he was there for me through the entire grieving process." I explained, "You really love him, don't you?" Mom asked, "Yeah, I love him with all my heart. Nothing could change that." I smiled and she smiled back at me. "Aww, young love." Yamcha said from beside me, making me punch his arm lightly. "Trunks? Trunks? Trunks! Are you okay, man?" Krillen asked, "Uh, sorry about that. Anyway, I thought this whole plan would work out perfectly except that I didn't count on there being such major differences between time lines of our world and this world. I thought Goku's heart problems would come much earlier than they did. And I thought there would only be two androids. But instead there's three. And now everything's going wrong!" Trunks looked to me with sad eyes. 

"But there's still something that bugs me. How could you have miscalculated-" Mom stopped Gohan from talking, "Mom, it's fine. If he wants to help us figure it out." I said, but she only shook her head as if to say No.

"I don't know. I wish I did. I guess something changes when you travel back to the future." He said, "Try not to worry, Trunks. Tsubaki. If you two hadn't come when you did, Goku's wouldn't be alive right now and that's really all that matters." Mom put her hand on my shoulder in a comforting way and I smiled up at her.

"Yeah, she's right you know. We all owe you two." Krillen smiled, "Yeah, we owe you two big time." Yamcha said, "So you are going back into the past?" I asked, "Yeah, I want you to stay here. In case something happens." We were standing in Gohan's room, mom said that we could use it to speak privately. "Well, Trunks," I sighed, "I can't stop you from going and I certainly can't change your mind about you wanting me to stay here. But Trunks, please be careful. I can't bare to lose you and your mother would kill me." I wrapped my arms around his neck, as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Promise me you'll come back," I looked up into his blue eyes, "I promise. Don't worry about me. I'll be back and I have Krillen." Trunks said, making me chuckle. "Yeah, you got Krillen. Smallest guy around." He laughed too, "Hey, that's not nice." He smiled down at me. "Oh come on, but it's true." I said, still laughing. "You are so silly." He picked me up and spun me around, making me squeal and I looked into his eyes and down at his lips. His eyes flickered from my face to my lips and finally I leaned in. Our lips touched and sparks flew, I could feel the tingles spread throughout my body. He pushed his tongue inside of my mouth and we fought for dominance. "Since when did Trunks want full control?" I thought to myself as our kiss deepened, which made me moan. I guess I didn't count on him being so dominant but to be honest, I found this to a lot more attractive and he definitely was hot. He pushed us against the wall, he pulled away from my lips and peppered kisses down my neck, making me moan softly. "Trunks.... We should stop. You have to leave soon." I strained and he groaned, pulling away from me. "Fine." He huffed, "Trunks, don't be like that. You know we can't do that yet. Bulma and my mom would kill us. From both times." I kissed his cheek, but he kissed me on the lips and the door opened. We jumped apart quickly and turned to see Krillen standing in the door way, "Uh... Was I interrupting something?" He asked, "No!" Trunks and I yelled in unison. 

"Well then Trunks, let's get going." He said and walked away.

"Bye Trunks." I hugged him tightly, not knowing if he was going to come back but I had faith in him. "Bye Tsu." He hugged me back and we walked out of the room. "Krillen, keep an eye on Trunks for me alright." He nodded at me and they left. I turned back to Gohan, Mom and Yamcha and let out a small sigh. "Alright, we need to get you all out of here, because the androids want to kill Dad." I said, "Where do we go?" Mom asked, "To Master Roshi's house." I smiled and we proceeded to get Mom, Dad and baby me to safety.