Chapter 31: Peace at last! Going back to the past!!

3rd person's pov

Tsubaki sat on the ground stunned, after Piccolo had somehow calmed her down. Goku was worried about both his children, he was worried for Gohan because of Cell. He was also worried for Tsubaki because the love of her life was just killed, "He's struggling. We need to distract Cell!!" Piccolo shouted to the others, who understood what he meant but Tsubaki just sat there. She stared at her brother, who was currently struggling. She wanted to help but she couldn't bring herself to do it, she couldn't bring herself to stand up and go help him.

"He's gone. He's really gone. I can't believe he's gone. My Trunks.... Momma B. I'm sorry. I failed you. Gohan, I'm sorry. I promised you to keep an eye on him." She curled up in a ball, as the final push began. 

Gohan was struggling but with Goku by his side, he was able to overcome Cell. "Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!" Cell screamed loudly, as he was finally destroyed. "He did it!!" Krillen cheered, Tsubaki heard but didn't pay attention to anything. "You did it, Gohan." Krillen gave him a high five, "We may be happy but someone isn't right now." Yamcha sighed as they turned their heads to Tsubaki, who was crying loudly. "Tsu, we can bring him back with the dragon balls. He'll come back. We can do it." Tien bent down in front of her, "I don't care. He died, because I wasn't paying attention in the first place. It's my fault. It's my fault that Trunks is gone. If I had pushed him.." Tsubaki broke down in tears, as Goku became even more worried. Gohan looked sad, as Tien looked up at Goku while Vegeta sighed. Vegeta felt for Tsubaki, he may not have shown it but he was upset that his son had just been murdered and there was nothing he could do to help him. He never realized just how much Tsubaki went through, until he heard her crying over Trunks. "Come here." Goku picked her up, as they took Trunks and headed to Kami's lookout.

"Alright, time to bring him back." Tsu stayed quiet and sat on the very far end of the lookout, as the others found the dragon balls. They gathered them together and the sky turned dark. Chichi looked out the window to see the sky looking dark and so did Bulma, both becoming curious about what happened. "You have two wishes. What is your first wish?" Shenron asked, "Our first wish is to bring future Trunks back to life and anyone else that fell to the hands of Cell!" Goku told him as Shenron's eyes glowed red, "Your wish has been granted." Trunks was wished back successfully, "Hey, Trunks. It's good to have you back." Yamcha patted him on the back, as he looked around. "Where-" Yamcha pointed towards Tsubaki. They all sighed, "What happened after I died?" Trunks looked to Goku, "She lost it. She tried to kill Cell. None of us could stop her. Vegeta was the first to lose it but after that Tsubaki couldn't handle your death. We're lucky that Piccolo could calm her down. But she's heartbroken." Tien explained as Trunks hung his head, "I'll go see her." None of them could tell that Android 18 was watching them from behind the wall.

"Tsu..." Tsubaki perked up and slowly turned her head to see Trunks alive. "Hey, I'm so sorry for leaving you like that." She started to cry and launched herself onto him as she cried. "I'm sorry! It was my fault. I should have pushed you out of the way. Like I did when Dad was in trouble. I'm sorry, Trunks... I'm sorry." She cried loudly as Trunks wrapped his arms around her, "It's not your fault. None of us knew that would happen. So don't blame yourself. I'm sorry that I scared you so bad. I promise not to do that again. I promise I'm leaving you like that." He soothed her in a calming voice, as the Z fighters smiled. "What I wouldn't give for love like that?" Yamcha sighed, "Keep dreaming, bud." Piccolo crossed his arms, "What is your second wish?" Shenron turned the attention back to him, "Since 17 and 18 were androids. Do you think you can turn 18 back to a human?" Krillen turned around and asked but this only pissed of 18. Tsubaki had finally calmed down and walked over to them, with Trunks following in pursuit. "Krillen? What's up with that?! After all they did to my home?! Why do you want to make her human?" She asked, quirking an eyebrow at the small man which made him sigh. "That is beyond my power." Shenron spoke, as Tsubaki sighed. "Then please remove the bomb in 18's chest." Krillen said with a firm belief, "Your wish shall be granted." Shenron's deep voice rang through the air, as the bomb was removed.

"Krillen, you little midget!! What are you thinking?!" Tsubaki went after him, but Trunks held her back as an angry 18 shows herself. "I didn't ask you to do that!!! That is not gonna stop me from being the way I am with you!" Tsubaki growled at 18, who turned her attention onto Tsubaki.

"You know what?! You should be grateful he did that for you. Back in my time, I would have already destroyed you! So shut up! At least Krillen had the decency to do this for you. Be thankful for him doing that instead of getting rid of you! I would gladly get rid of you if it weren't for Krillen protecting you! I wish I could get my hands on you, but I can't. So why don't you show some gratitude and buzz off?!!" 18's eyes widened, as did everybody else when they saw Tsubaki power up. Nobody expected it not even Trunks, "Tsubaki... Calm down. Please." Gohan pleaded, as she sighed and powered down.

Vegeta smirked, inside he felt proud that Tsubaki wasn't as stupid as Goku and stood her ground when she needed to. But then huffed, realizing what he was just smirking about. 18 flew off and Piccolo stayed at Kami's lookout where they brought Dende to be the new Kami for earth. "See ya in the morning, Trunks. I'll go home with Dad and Gohan that way we have time before we leave." She kissed Trunks, making him blush a bit before saying her heartfelt goodbyes. "Yamcha, please take care of yourself. You too Tien. Piccolo. Stay safe and in shape. Bye Krillen!" She gave them each a hug, before they flew off back home.

"My babies!!!!!" Chichi cried out with joy seeing Gohan and Tsubaki and that Goku was still alive. "You should be ashamed of yourself for taking them out there! What happened to Tsu? I notice something is wrong." Chichi questioned Goku, "Trunks got killed by Cell but we brought him back and Tsu lost it." Gohan explained as she turned to Tsubaki. "It's fine, Mom. But we're going back in the morning. So I'm gonna head to sleep. See ya in the morning." She gave them each a hug and kiss, before going off to bed. "I'm gonna miss having her around." Gohan sighed as he watched his sister go to her room. "She'll come back to visit. Don't worry. We're gonna miss her too." The next morning, they said tearful goodbyes, "Stay safe. Promise you'll come back to visit?" Chichi teared up as she hugged Tsubaki, "Don't worry, Mom. I will. Please take care of yourself as well. You too Gohan. Dad." She gave them each a hug and kiss.

"Promise, you'll destroy those androids?" Goku asked, "Yeah, count on it." They high fived and gave one last hug. They waved to her as Tsubaki smiled and flew up in the air, heading to Roshi's house before going to Bulma's. She told Master Roshi about her leaving and he gave her a nice gift before she left. She hugged Bulma goodbye apologizing over and over for what happened but Bulma didn't worry. "It's fine. You're okay. He's here now. Come visit us and stay safe." Bulma yelled as she waved goodbye, as they got into the time machine. "Take care, momma B. Bye Vegeta!!" Tsu waved, as he sent her a small nod which made Tsubaki smile brightly at him. Vegeta let out an amused huff, before looking to Trunks. "Bye Mom!" Trunks waved to Vegeta and Bulma, as they took off. "Looks like we're still going to have to destroy those androids. And Cell." Trunks stated, "I'm not letting you die. At all." They held hands, as they smiled at each other and looked forward.