Chapter 47: A Day to Remember

Tsubaki's pov

I tossed and turned before opening my eyes and staring at the ceiling, no matter what I did to stop them. I needed Trunks. I hadn't seen him in the past three weeks because he had been so busy with helping Bulma and Capsule Corp and without seeing him for three weeks, it's been nothing but hell. I sighed loudly as the sunlight shone through the curtain of my room, of course, it was morning. That was just great and I barely got any sleep. Since it was still early, I decided maybe I needed some time away from the house and some time for myself.

I opened the window and flew out not caring if Mom would freak out if she found out I snuck out, I really just wanted to have some time for myself. Over these past three weeks, I've been playing babysitter with Gohan and watching the younger me and Goten. It was weird watching over myself, she was so different from me.

I flew away keeping my ki level low and headed towards the mountains where I knew that I could just relax for the day. I flew overhead of West City seeing all kinds of business people hurrying along the sidewalks and was amazed at how busy it was, back at home it wasn't like this anymore. No bustling people, no traffic jams, no carnivals, and no shopping malls being filled with people. I wanted it to be like this back home, I wanted to see the busy people hurrying along the sidewalks and talking on their phones or just having conversations on their different views of the business world. I looked around seeing Capsule Corp and wanted to stop by but I knew he would be busy so I kept going. My hair blew in the wind as I flew overhead, my tail hadn't grown back which made me upset since I trained it to be strong and have had for most of my life. I inwardly sighed and feeling as if I had a lot on my mind, I wondered why Trunks had become so busy with Capsule Corp stuff. I shook the thought out of my head as I flew past farmers and just took in the scene below me, they all looked like little ants.

The wind pressure felt nice and I could feel my excitement level going down as I got closer to the mountains, this place was somewhere I always went back home when I needed to get away to either think or just plain relax without Trunks, Mai, Bulma or Mom. Finally, I reached the place and couldn't help the smile that grew on my lips. I took in the sight before seeing that it was so beautiful, much more beautiful than it looked back home. I landed on one of the large hills next to a smaller one and sat down, I laid on my back and just looked up at the sky. It was not cloudy and there were many scattered across the sky, in many different shapes and forms. I smiled at the sky, it reminded me of the day Trunks and I had the day to ourselves. Gohan had given us a break that day because he wanted to take care of Mom, who had become sick. I closed my eyes and remembered arguing with him about it, he wanted to take care of mom himself and that made me angry. I chuckled to myself thinking about how stupid I acted for arguing with Gohan that day, it was so stupid. Even Trunks argued with me because he didn't get why I was so worried when Gohan and Grandpa would be taking care of mom. Gohan must have thought I was crazy, he said that I argued my case like I was Vegeta or Piccolo. He had told me the story of how he was kidnapped and Dad had died fighting his older brother, Raditz. He told me that Raditz had died and come after the dragon balls and that Piccolo took him from Bulma, Krillen, and Master Roshi. They had come to find Dad, only to have him die and then Piccolo took him to train.

Flashback...

"Gohan!!! That's not how this works!! I'm not going to leave Mom when she's sick!" The 14-year-old me shouted at him as he sighed heavily. We were standing in front of the house, with Trunks standing beside me but even he seemed annoyed with Gohan and I's arguing.

"No, Tsu. I will take care of mom so there's no need to worry about her. I know how to take care of a sick person. When you were just a baby and got a cold for the first time, I helped mom take care of you." He started, making me cross my arms.

"Tsu, why do you keep arguing! Gohan said he and Ox-King would take care of Chichi! We haven't had a break from the androids and countless training. This is our one day to finally relax. Please, Tsu." Trunks stated his case, which made me feel bad.

I stared at him for a few minutes, but I couldn't hold back that nagging feeling I had. I didn't want to leave Mom, not because I didn't think Gohan and Grandpa couldn't take care of her. What if the Androids found the house? Gohan would have to fight them off while Grandpa and Mom made their escape out of the house. But seeing the way Trunks looked at me, I couldn't help but give in.

"Fine, I'll go. Tell mom that I love her." I sighed as Gohan kissed my forehead and smiled. "Come on, Tsu." Trunks took my right hand and we flew off together, but I was still looking back.

After Gohan's death, I came to the very spot Trunks took me to. "I knew I'd find you here." My 15-year-old self sat on a boulder that sat just a few feet away from the edge of the cliff. "How?" I looked back at Trunks, who stood there with a grim look in his face. "Well, I know you, Tsu. I've known you since we were babies." He put one of his hands into his pocket, "Why'd you come?" I turned back around looking out at the beautiful view, as a tear rolled down my cheek. "Because I love you. And I felt that I needed to tell you that. But I also came here because I was worried about you and I wanted to be here for you." He walked forward and crouched down in front of me. "I love you, Tsubaki son and I will always be here for you." I stared into his big blue eyes as I reached up and grabbed his face, placing my lips on his.

"I will never leave you, you can't get rid of me that easily." I laughed at Trunk's statement as he sat beside me on the boulder. I leaned my head on his shoulder and just enjoyed the view. "I love you, Trunks Briefs. I always will and you will not be able to get rid of me. No matter what, I'll always be here."

Flashback over...

I opened my eyes slowly and stared up at the sky with a large smile on my face, it was like I had just relived a dream. This place would always be the place to bring out the emotions, I didn't like to show in front of anyone else. I was grateful for the fact that I could come here and it still felt like it did back home, I will always come to this spot when I need to get away. I closed my eyes again and just enjoyed the smells and peace of the area.