Chapter 51: More Problems to Ensue!

Tsubaki's pov

We were walking aimlessly around the cave. We had yet to encounter another booby trap and I was happy about that, hopefully we didn't end up running into another one. I hated the fact I had become separated from both my brother and my boyfriend, being in this cave made me really on edge. "Hello? Hunter, where the hell are we going?" I caught up to him but he didn't answer. I got the feeling that he was concentrating on getting us out of here, so I stopped asking questions and followed him.

We only got further into the cave when the flashlight cut off, leaving both of us in the dark. "Damn it, I have no extra battery." I could hear Hunter hitting the flashlight with his palm as I heard his cat give out a small meow and move around, "Hunter, why do you always have that cat with you?" I crossed my arms and followed Hunter, who had finally got the flashlight to turn back on. I looked to see that his cat had been sitting on his shoulders, while Hunter paid little attention to his feline friend sitting on him. It made me curious as to where the cat came from in the first place, was it always with him?

"We're coming up on an area where I usually encounter a lot of traps. You have to watch your step." Hunter explained, "Why are there traps here when the middle of the cave is where the gem is?" I asked, "People have set traps here to stop people from getting further into the cave.. It's been like this for the past week." He stopped walking, making me abruptly stop behind him. "We're here..." I shifted my eyes from Hunter and out to the cave, where a lot of shards of diamonds grew. The shades were different colors but most of them were blue, there was a small pond just across the way from us. The diamonds reflected off of the water, causing the diamonds to illuminate a blue light on the ceiling. It honestly looked beautiful but also made me very worried about where we were in the cave, this spot looked like it could easily be looted.

I kept my guard up, making sure that as we were walking down the small hill that Hunter didn't manage to get himself ensnared in a trap. I had confidence in him, but knowing that he has always managed to get attacked made me worry. "Hunter, can I ask you something important?" I broke the long ending silence between us as we walked. "Go ahead," Hunter turned the flashlight off, sticking it into his pants pocket.

"Why did the Chief call you the next in line for Village Chief? Doesn't he have a son that could take over?"

"You mean my dad?" Hunter slightly looked over his shoulder at me, "Yeah, why isn't your dad taking over as chief? I thought he would have taken over the role as village chief.." I explained, but Hunter just chuckled and shook his head. "What is it?" I asked, I wasn't completely understanding why he was upset.

"My dad isn't that kind of guy... He bailed... He fought with grandpa about the title. Since my father is an only child, he didn't have anyone else to give it to. He would have given it to my older brother, but... He didn't want that either. I'm the only one left he can turn to, grandpa is not getting any younger.." He explained as we kept walking, before I could say something. The cave started shaking, causing both Hunter and I to lose our balance. "What the hell is going on?" Hunter sat up as the shaking only got worse, "Did you seriously think, you were going to get to the gem?" A male voice echoed across the way from us and I looked up at the small cliff. A young boy and girl with green hair stood together at the top of the cliff, they were looking down at us. This can't be good for us, the look on Hunter's face said it all.

Elsewhere in the cave, Gohan, Videl and Trunks lost their balance and took cover as rocks started falling, the three of them had gotten somewhere in the cave very similar to where Hunter and Tsubaki were. "What the hell is going on? Do you think that came from Tsubaki?" Videl asked as she sat up, she looked over at Gohan and Trunks. The shaking stopped and the three stood up on their feet, "No, it's not her. It's someone else." Gohan shook his head, "I agree with Gohan on this. There's someone else here in the cave, I believe they might responsible for the cave shaking." Trunks stated, "Well, well, well... Lookie what we got here, Riko." A young female stated with red hair, she stood with a taller boy and smirked looking down at the three.

"Who are you?" Videl asked, "Rin, look. It's that joke of a martial artist' daughter, what was his name? Hercule?" Riko stated making Videl growl and glare daggers at him.

Meanwhile....

"YOU SENT THEM WHERE?!!" Chichi shouted, "Relax, Chichi. I sent them to Gengoro Island. I wanted them to check up on the chief and the famous gem." He explained, Chichi couldn't stand the fact what Goku did and shouted at him while Bulma and Vegeta were sitting on the couch watching Tv. Goten, younger Tsubaki and Trunks were all busy playing outside with Yamcha.

"We are just getting a story from Gengoro Island..." The news anchor said, making Bulma turn the volume up. "Guys, you might want to hear this!" Bulma called out, which caused Goku and Chichi to stop fighting and everyone else gathered around the TV.

"This just in, there have been reported cases of Tourists flocking to Gengoro Island to witness the Gem Festival coming up, but it has not been going well. The buzz of the festival has brought in lots of tourists, who want to witness seeing the gem in the festival while others have been trying to track down the gem itself." The reporter was standing in front of a cave, it was unknown to the Z fighters that Tsubaki, Gohan and the others were in there.

"Ryder, what are you standing in front of?" The other reporter asked as the TV flashed back to Ryder, "This, Cillian, is the cave that holds the infamous Gem, this cave is known to many of the locals. The problem that has been circling the small village according to the chief is that some tourists have taken matters into their own hands, they have started to kidnap locals and taking them into the booby trapped cave. The Chief has sent a young person who is said to be the Village Chief's grandson, he is also rumored to be the next Village Chief and is an expert on the gem and it's cave. The Chief sent four young lively martial artists from West City, one of them being Mr. Hercule Satan's daughter. The other three were fighters in Cell's Tournament of power, they have been sent in to help keep the Chief's grandson safe. But now that we've come to the scene there app-" Ryder was cut off when a large explosion occurred behind him, which made the camera go out for a few minutes.

"Ryder? Ryder? Ryder, can you hear me?" Cillian asked, "I'm sorry folks, it looks like we've lost all connection with-" Before Cillian can finish his sentence, the camera in Ryder's location cut back on and a young couple appeared. "All of you listen out there, we're taking that gem for ourselves. Even at the cost of the five young spritely people... This gem holds great power that we tend to use to take over this world. See ya later." The camera was blasted with a ki blast, causing Cillian to cut cameras from the rest of the scene.

"This doesn't look good." Krillen shook his head, "Does that mean my kids are in trouble? Goku, why would you send them there?!!" Chichi started to panic, "I didn't mean to send them into harm's way. I know that they can handle themselves." Goku reassured, "Goku, I think you and Vegeta should head there. They may be able to handle themselves well, but this new threat shouldn't be underestimated." Piccolo stated, "I agree with Piccolo on this one, Goku. I think you two should head out there. Those four will have a lot on their hands if they can even get out of that cave." Bulma agreed, "Alright, if you guys insist. Come on, Vegeta." Vegeta grumbled under his breath, but headed out with Goku to Gengoro Island.