Chapter 79: The New Foe looks Like Dad!

Tsubaki's pov

"Shit!" I exclaimed, the two of us dodging an incoming ki blast. It hit the ground behind us, exploding on impact and I could feel the heat of the blast as we kept running. "Come on," Trunks grabbed my hand, pulling me into a bed of rocks to hide just as another incoming ki blast hit the spot I was just in. Debris flew everywhere, causing Trunks to throw his body over me. "You think we lost him?" I looked at Trunks, who peeked around the corner only to nearly have his face blown off. "No! Let's go!" He grabbed my arm once again, the two of us running like hell to get out of the way of incoming ki blasts. Trunks and I were currently running through the city, hoping to reach home in time as we were being chased by our newest villain. One who took us by surprise because he looked exactly like my father, but I knew it wasn't him. He even sounded like my father, he had his body and I knew it must have been someone who stole his body and killed him. This Goku was definitely from a different timeline, he was not from the present which I had a feeling we were going to have travel back to. "That bastard! I swear if he's hurt Mom and Chichi, he'll pay for it." Trunks said, "Let's just hope Mom and Momma B are okay." The two of us manage to get to the lab, which seemed quiet and it unsettled me a bit. I had still been rattled by us running from 'him', he was so powerful and it hurt to see someone possessing my Dad's body when it isn't him in there. My heart leapt out of my chest as we saw that Bulma and Mom, both of them working on something together and they were just fine. He hadn't gotten to them, which is good, though, I can't say that for those he did already kill. "Mom." Trunks called, "Oh, what a nice surprise. It's good to see you." Bulma turned around, her long blue hair tied back into a ponytail. I pulled Bulma into a tight hug, thankful for the fact that she was safe and so was my mother. Once I pulled away, I immediately pulled my mom into a hug and just held her. She did the same, keeping her arms wrapped around me tightly. "What were you two working on?" Trunks asked, after hugging his mother. "I was able to make fuel for the Time Machine." Bulma said, showing us a large tank that only had a half tank of fuel left. Trunks and I looked at one another, before looking back down at the tank in awe. "That's all we could get in a year?" I asked, looking at Bulma and Mom, who nodded.

"Though this might only be enough for a one-way trip, we can manage something and chance it. Maybe when you get to the present, the Bulma there might be able to make more fuel for a roundtrip." Bulma explained, "We can take it back to Capsule Corp, you two just rest." Trunks offered, "No. No way, am I just going to stay here. You two will need help, I have to do whatever I can to keep this safe. So many lives were lost already, you two are our last hope. And it's probably not safe for either of us if he comes back to attack us." Bulma insisted, "Trunks, she's right. If we stay here and he comes this way to attack, we won't be able to escape from him." Mom stated, her eyes locked onto Trunks. "They both are right, Trunks. If anything, he'll come here and I don't want to lose either one of them to him. We have to bring them with us, if they are with us, then they at least have a better chance of being safe." I said, turning to look at Trunks. He thought for a moment, looking at both Bulma and my mother and I could see the wheels turning in his head as he thought about it. "Okay. You can come with us. But you two have to stay close." Bulma and mom nodded and just as we were preparing to leave an explosion blew up part of the lab. I immediately threw myself over my mother, protecting her from the flying debris. I looked around for Bulma, noticing that the explosion destroyed her equipment.

"Here, Trunks. You three take this and go." Bulma shoved the tank of time machine fuel into Trunks' arms, looking between all three of us.

"Mom, I can't just leave you here." Trunks protested.

"Yeah, I agree with Trunks. We are not leaving without you." I shook my head, looking to Bulma. Sensing the impeding danger, I kept my arm around my mother and pulled her closer to me but before I could pull Bulma closer, she was grabbed. "Bulma!!" Mom cried out loud, "Mom!!" Trunks called. I gritted my teeth, as the face of the man who grabbed Bulma appeared. He held Bulma by the front of her shirt collar and judging by the look on his face, he wouldn't hesitate to kill her. "Give her back, you bastard!" Trunks shouted, giving me the fuel as he was ready to take on our enemy.