Chapter 56: The Gem!!

Tsubaki's pov

I landed in front of Gohan and Trunks, glaring harshly at Keitaro and Keiko. I could sense the large amount of tension in the cave between all four twins and Hunter, but I didn't care for that. All I cared about was keeping Keitaro and Keiko away from the gem, as well as keeping Hunter safe. I was not going to let them get away with hurting Hunter and the others, they were not getting that gem. "Pay attention to you-" I cut Keiko off, when I caught her foot. Her eyes widened as I swung her around, throwing her into the red head chick and her brother. I didn't waste anytime as I charged at Keitaro, who was ready for anything I threw his way. I let out a small smirk, disappearing right in front of his eyes and reappearing behind him. "Kei-" Before Keiko could shout her warning, I had already kicked him in the back. Keitaro flew forward, hitting the wall and caused a large crater.

"You bastard, how dare you?" I dodged Keiko's punch, moving my head towards the left. Keiko growled in frustration, throwing out a round house kick but I disappeared. I reappeared behind her, "What the hell? Where'd she go?" Keiko asked, "Keiko, Behind you!! Look out!!" I heard her brother shout in panic, but it was too late for Keiko. "Haaa!!" I blasted her in the back with a large ki blast, causing her to fly forward. She collided with her brother and the two hit the wall behind them, causing the two red haired twins to charge forward. "Rin, take the left!" The brother shouted, "Right!" I dodged Rin's kick, flipping over as I used her to leg to push off. I spun around, kicking the brother in the face. "Haa!" I threw several ki blasts their way, not letting up on my attacks. I kicked Keiko in the stomach, flipping over her and kicked her in the back. This drove her into the ground, as a large crater formed underneath her.

"You wench, what the hell do you think you're doing to my sister?!" Keitaro charged at me, "She's getting what she deserves. I know you two fought Hunter, while I was out and here's two things you should know about me.. I hate when people like you pick on the ones that can't fight back to protect themselves and who they love. Number two, I hate people who pick on the people I care about. So you are going to pay for all the crappy shit you did to Hunter." I kicked Keitaro in the stomach, sending him flying backwards into the wall. Keiko charged at me throwing punches and kicks, to which I only kept dodging. I caught her last punch, stopping her in her tracks. Her eyes widened a bit at the time of reaction, our eyes met and her expression changed. She glared at me, letting out this growl of anger before throwing her other fist at me. I caught her left fist, catching her off guard which made her try to kick me. I blocked the kick, throwing my knee up which seemed to piss her off. Before she could retaliate, I headbutted her in the face. She stumbled backwards, holding her forehead as I spun around and round house kicked her in the stomach.

"That's it, now you really pissed me off." Keitaro wiped the blood from the corner of his mouth, glaring at me as he stood to his feet. He let out this loud shout as his ki level started to rise, causing panic among Videl and Hunter.

"What the hell is he doing?" Videl looked over to Gohan, who stood to my left. Before Gohan could say anything, I took a step forward and Keitaro charged at me. He sent a ki blast, which I directed elsewhere and swiftly dodged his punch. I ducked, throwing a quick punch to his stomach. What surprised me is that my punch barely had an effect on him, Keitaro took advantage of the distraction and sent me into the ground. I quickly shot back upright, sending a hard kick that hit Keitaro in the chin. He stumbled backwards, but caught his balance and I stood to my feet. Before I could do anything, I was kicked in the back sending me flying towards Keitaro. He smirked darkly as he kicked me in the stomach, sending me back towards whoever had kicked me first but luckily Gohan took out that person while Trunks caught me in his arms.

"Thanks, Trunks. It looks like I'm gonna need some help keeping those twins apart." I was set on my feet as Gohan came back over, I noticed that Hunter and Videl were behind us. "We can handle Keiko, that way you can focus on--"

"Look out!!" I turned my head seeing a large ki blast headed for us, in no time I shoved both Gohan and Trunks away as I took on the blast. It was the only way to protect Videl and Hunter, who were still behind me.

"Tsu!!!" Gohan and Trunks shouted in unison, Dad and Vegeta both turned their heads towards us as I flew back into the wall. From the impact, I broke through the wall and into another part of the cave. I shoved debris off of me slowly, recoiling from the impact of the blast. I could partially hear the sounds of fighting coming from Dad, Vegeta, Trunks and Gohan. I moved slightly to look around, realizing that I was on a cliff. The cliff cracked underneath me from the pressure of my fall and broke off, causing me to fall along with it. I closed my eyes, managing to get a hold of myself and hovered over the ground. When I opened my eyes, I saw the most beautiful thing in the world. In shock, I stopped hovering and hit the ground with a thud. I groaned lightly, before standing to my feet.

There was this path that I stood in the middle of, trees had grown and were brightly lit up by the beautiful crystals sitting at the bottom of the trees. I couldn't believe the sight in front of me, I looked forward and saw what looked like a stone arc. I looked back up at the cliff I had fallen from, wondering if everyone was okay. I looked back at the path but as I stood there, I got this weird feeling that something was drawing me in. Without a second thought, I walked down the path and followed the walkway. I came to a stop when I saw this large tree, which was lit up by tiny crystals that were all grown around it. I noticed in the middle sat something which lit up the rest of the tree, I walked towards the tree and flew up towards the lit up area.

I stopped short when I saw this beautiful blue gem sitting in the middle of the tree trunk, it was sitting in a small podium that was built into the tree. The gem was surrounded by these small clasps that held it in place, sitting outside of the podium were sculptures of birds. As I stared at the gem, I began to feel as if the gem was trying to talk to me. I felt this surge of power flow through me, as I grew closer to the gem I heard movement. I turned my head to the left, spotting something coming out of the pond on the side of the tree. My eyes widened slightly when I saw a wolf with the most beautiful colorful fur on its back, the wolf turned towards me and locked eyes with me. The wolf trotted over to me, rubbing it's head on my leg which showed me that the wolf wasn't a threat. I lightly placed my hand on the top of the wolf's head, which made the wolf happy. In that moment, I knew what I was supposed to do. I was now the gem's protector and that beautiful wolf was going to help me protect it at all costs.