Last Day with Seri Eomma

Hyewon POV:

It was Sunday again and today is the final day our Seri Eomma's physical body was with us. We went to the wake after our weekly evaluations and we have since stayed at the Hospital for the entire evening. Chaen was here too until she went back to the dorm this morning and never returned. It was now that I realized that Chaen didn't want to see Eomma be buried. Everyone in the team wore mourning clothes. Minju sat beside me the whole time we were at the wake. 11 a.m. we will prepare to bury Seri Eomma. Tears were abundant in the funeral room. Chaen did a great job at preparing all these for Seri Eomma. Dayeon Oehaelmoni was weeping, wailing and crying for her dead daughter to wake up.

It hurts so much to hear them cry, much more imagine them moving forward without Eomma by their side. Eomma was a very dedicated trainee at WM, no matter what criticism she gets, she just smiles at Sejeong Unnie, the person who was training us from I.O.I Previously. Eomma was always happy to be spending time with us, her kids as she refers to us. I was reeling to oblivion by Eomma's loss, it has been a week since I found her lying on the floor, lifeless. Her tear stained cheeks, her closed eyes and her smol stature. I will never forget Eomma and the times she spoke to me. Every word she left for me to be able to move on will never be forgotten, I will always remember her and her kind soul, I know she wanted to be remembered this way and I plan to do so.

I wanted to chase her down the dorm and tackle her in a hug. Hug her like I meant it. But, I was too late to even save her from her wanting to take her own life. I can never change her mind ever again. In the next life, I hope we both meet again, like the first time we've met and spend years of friendship or sisterly bond. You are loved Seri Eomma, do you hear me? You are loved by your kids. We will always love you, irrevocably so. I will, forever and always. Always, Eomma. I hope you rest easy and you enjoy up there in heaven. These were my thoughts as I absentmindedly looked at the closed casket where Seri Eomma laid when Eunbi Unnie spoke.

"Wonnie. I have something to give Seri, can you please help me find someone to open the casket?" She asked me.

Her head was down and she held a tiny box in her hand. I knew she just wanted to give Seri Eomma a final gift. I looked at the tiny box and replied.

"Sure, Unnie. Please stay here, I will find someone to help us." I replied to her.

I stood from my seat but I felt Minju's hand held mine.

"I'm coming with you, Oppa. I need to walk." She told me and pulled me with her.

I found Dayeon Oehaelmoni by the door, talking with her friends and some serious looking women. I approached her abd told her.

"Haelmoni. Eunbi Unnie wanted to open Seri Eomma's casket to give her a final gift. Is that alright with you?" Oehaelmoni knew that Seri Eomma loved Eunbi Unnie as Kazoo, both Seri Eomma and Haelmoni came to the fan meeting.

"It's fine my sonnyeo, Wonnie. You can ask that man." Oehaelmoni pointed at the man.

I approached the man with Minju in tow.

"Excuse me ajeossi, can we please enlist your help? A friend of the dead wanted to give her a one final gift, can you please assist us in opening the casket?" I told the man and bowed.

"Sure thing." The man said.

"Wait for me here, Minju, I'll be right back." I told Minju.

"Okay, Unnie."  Minju replied.

We approached Eunbi Unnie and Eunbi Unnie stood up from her seat and bowed towards us. Once I told Eunbi Unnie that this man will help her, I also told her that Minju and I will be back. She only nodded as a response to me. I walked back to where Minju stood and took her by the hand and intertwined our hands, I pulled her with me as we took a walk around the hospital, leading out to the garden. We walked at a leisurely pace. Silence filled us, we got to the garden and sat at a bench, Spring was about to end, but I felt like it was a loop for us. Like we just started to meet each other five springs ago, like it was all new.