D-Day 5

TW: This chapter contains mature content, violence against women and suicide, reader discretion is advised. I did not discuss in detail about any of the things I mentioned here, I am merely mentioning the whys of Alex Kang's death. If you are sensitive to the topic, please skip ahead to the last part. Thank you for reading this story.

Minju's POV:

It's been a month since that survival show and a few months after our debuting line up was completed, the final member was Eunbi Unnie. For a couple of months, we've polished our debut. We recorded tracks, interviews and other online content, we practiced the dance steps and our singing as well. It was only five days until we debut and I am happy to see Chaen finally calm and collected. She also now prepares full American Meals on Sundays in honor of Alex Unnie/Eomma, like Mondays were for Skylar Unnie/Appa, Sundays were now Alex Unnie's Day. It was Alex Unnie's favorite day of the week, Sunday because she gets to spend it with her family. She often goes out early in the morning to go to Gangnam where her Mother and Father now lived, they were once in the U.S. but because Alex Unnie decided to audition for an Entertainment Company in Korea, her family relocated back to Korea roughly thirteen years before Alex Eomma could actually apply for an Entertainment Company, stating that Alex Unnie needed all the support she could get, so her brother who was a toddler back then together with her parents moved back to Korea.

Alex Unnie's Mother was a Korean by blood and was adopted by her American Parents, Alex Unnie's Korean name was Kang Seri, she used to be an avid K-Pop fan who dreamed to be a K-Pop Star someday, but unfortunately, she couldn't debut with us. Alex Unnie loved fluffy and jiggly pancakes, scrambled eggs and three crispy bacons as breakfast, for lunch she'd often have either a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich, ½ Pound Burgers or a Chicken Sandwich and fries and for dinner, she typically eats a steak, some mashed potatoes and green beans or a grilled fish and a late night snack of Salted Caramel Popcorn. We've had this menu for a month now every Sunday, ever since that day we all had dinner with her parents. We've since had another dinner with her family as a completed debuting line up with Eunbi Unnie.

Eunbi Unnie and Alex Unnie were closest friends next to Kwangbae Oppa, Alex Unnie met Eunbi Unnie at a fan sign event for Eunbi Unnie's then group Ye-A, her stage name was Kazoo, they all had wacky stage names back in Ye-A era. They quickly became friends and after the silent disbandment of Ye-A, Seri Unnie was a fan of Ye-A and was biased to Kazoo. She attended the fan meeting, before signing up to WM. It was a small world in the K-Pop industry, because both of them became close friends. Currently we have five more days until our debut as IZ*ONME, Kura Eomma was officially the Vice Captain of Team IZ*ONME while Chaeyeon was the Captain. Eunbi Unnie forfeited the captaincy to Chaeyeon because according to her, Chaeyeon worked hard for us to debut, she instead promised Chaeyeon and Kura Eomma that she'll help them when there are problems. It was big of Eunbi Unnie to step back from the captaincy, given she had more experience than Chaeyeon.

Hyewon decided to let Eunbi Unnie go, which was met surprisingly calmly and she never even fought for Hyewon. I decided not to pursue any relationship with Yujin, because I realized that we weren't working out as a couple, Wonyoung was a nice kid and I feel responsible for her, Yujin was two years younger than me and the younger loved pointing fingers at other people, she hasn't matured enough for the past four years we've known each other, a day before we left our dorm for Chaen's Family mansion, that time when Kura Eomma pushed me to the living room to speak with Yujin, I realized real love just genuinely works, real love forgives and doesn't keep a list of any wrong doings, real love doesn't take time to forgive, you just kind of forget before you go to sleep, totally unlike me. So, reflecting upon Kura Eomma's words, it's time that I gave up on Yujin, because I was only infatuated with the idea of being loved back by someone else, nothing like true love. I was just using Yujin to forget about Chaeyeon, but I still get pulled back to Chaeyeon.