D-Day 4

TW: This chapter mentions Alex's death, if you're squeamish about things like this, feel free to skip ahead.

Hyewon's POV:

It was the morning after Minju found out that her composition was actually Alex Unnie's Composition she left on her letter for her. Alex Unnie who took care of us tasked Minju to write the lyrics for the melody Alex Unnie composed. We asked Chaeyeon to visit Alex Unnie in the Cemetery where she was interred. Minju explained to Chaeyeon what happened and why we wanted to visit Alex Unnie's Gravesite. Minju also submitted the song directly to Chaeyeon, we happened to be roomies and we already recorded the song, I helped her record and I played the piano in her app so she could focus on singing soulfully. Thankfully, Chaeyeon softened up and agreed to visit Alex Unnie. I think even if Chaeyeon didn't agree, Minju and I will still go on our own. Chaeyeon be damned, but Minju and I will go, there were Sundays before Kura Eomma joined our team, when Eunbi, Minju and I will visit Alex Unnie. Alex Unnie was three years older than I am and she treated me well, Alex Unnie was alone now in the cemetery as her Parents were busy working and her younger brother was busy going to school.

It was us three who always visited Alex Unnie, often buying her food, her favorite beer and her favorite flowers which were yellow orienpet lilies, these are her favorite which symbolizes thankfulness and desire for her enjoyment in the after life. We all decided to go as a team, to introduce everyone in the final line up. It has been a few months since we last visited Alex Unnie. Everyone wore all white as if we synchronized what we should wear. I wore a white blazer and white pants, underneath the blazer was a white shirt tucked in, same with Chaeyeon. Minju meanwhile wore a white A-Line Jersey Dress and her gladiator strap sandals. She looks pretty in her dress. She has an unmatched style, she dresses like a rich producer or perhaps a chaebol heiress. Minju is loved by Chaeyeon, Eunbi and I's parents. Though I live in Yangsan and she lives in Seongbuk, our parents knew each other and quite often would tease us both, because of our acting.

My parents knew I was gay, they also knew I loved Eunbi, but they weren't accepting in the beginning, but now they accept me and Eunbi. But Eunbi was dense towards me and my feelings. Three and a half months ago, when she said she loved me, I asked her to prove to everyone who mattered in my life that she indeed loves me. However when we got out of Kura Eomma's dorm, things started to go wrong, she physically hurt me and cursed Minju. This was the last straw for me and as I stood in front of her as she pounds my chest with her fists. I refrained myself from crying in front of her, because I was done with her toxic behavior that I had to speak up for the people she was cursing. I told her that I was no longer in love with her and that she needed to straighten herself if she even wanted to maintain our friendship, because I was done with her and it was the truth. I have long dedicated my life for her, loved her with all my heart until I could no longer say I do love her.

People change, I realized that day, I had to give her up and start living my life again and accepting my fate. Sometimes, there's no better way but out and away. Love is a toxic feeling, a drug that ruins your system, it's intoxicating and seemingly overflowing, it was enough to ruin multiple lives, I turned to drinking with Chaeyeon, drowning all my heart aches and at this time, I could only wish that I still loved Eunbi Unnie the same way I used to love her, but no matter what I did that day, I must've have had enough, that the words that came out my lips were sudden and brash, I told Eunbi Unnie that she shouldn't act that way, because she's just like my sister, that I don't love her any more than that and that I can't accept her love anymore, because that dream was long over for me and I was serious about it, because I've fallen in love with Kim Minju, madly and truly that even if she had Yujin, I'm contented being her friend and loving her silently, just like I loved Eunbi Unnie all those years ago.