Yujin's serenade

Minju's POV:

It was another year without the two Unnies/Dorm Parents. My second birthday to celebrate with out them. I spent the night before starting the celebration with Mong Oppa giving me my first cake for the day like she always did after that first instance she got me back from surprising her, the next few years that came she always celebrated my birthday once the clock strikes twelve in order for us not to worry each other. She used to be busy with school and school activities this time of the year, but now that she already graduated, she was free from any schedule. Mong Oppa and I woke up early today to get breakfast for us. None of us both knew how to cook, well I knew how to cook, I even cook delicious food, but for the life of me, I can never plate the food to look appetizing.

It was my one flaw and the first time I tried to cook for the dorm, no one really complained because we were having the worst day that day. We are now walking to a twenty-four hour open restaurant. Four blocks away from our dorm. She still held me by the hand as we walked in this late winter morning. Soon it will be spring, Cherry Blossoms will bloom around Korea. I was barely surviving these days. I say barely, because of the increasingly hard choreography we dance to on a daily basis. It was a tiring thing to do. But of course we practiced more explosive choreography from Chaen.

She was visiting her friend again in Japan, ever since last year she visited that friend of hers on a monthly basis and honestly good for her for having a friend she could visit monthly in Japan. Someday we would meet her friend and we aren't far off, three more years and we will meet her friend. She will move in at the dorm and we will debut together. A sigh escaped my lips and Mong Oppa noticed it, she tucks me by her side and subsequently asked me what I was thinking.

"You got something in your mind? You can talk to me Princess." She told me.

"I miss the two unnies." I replied to her.

"I miss them too, Minguring. We will be fine, sooner than we think." She replied to me.

"I hope so too, Mong Oppa." I replied and continued to walk with her.

"What would you like to have for breakfast, My Princess Minguring? You need to eat a lot of delicious foods today, because it's your birthday and to help you grow beautifully." She replied to me as we were nearing the restaurant.

"Anything will do, Oppa." I replied to her.

"Great! We'll get a big breakfast then, eat everything so you will grow more beautiful and kind." She replied to me.

Her excitement was palpable at my reply. She pulls me with her, her steps quickened as we are at the restaurant. She pulled me inside the restaurant and she chose a booth table for us. Her energy today was on a different level, it seemed like she's trying hard to appear happy in front of me, it was like her façade she liked to hide behind, to appear she was okay and is doing well. I held her hand and sat beside her in the booth table she got for us.

"Oppa, didn't you say that we will be okay sooner than we think? I know it still hurts us and that's okay, it is part of our life now, to wake up and long for them both, to recall and feel pain from their loss. We will be fine, Oppa. You got me to get through it and so does Eunbi Unnie, Chaen and everyone else." I told her.

She offered me a sad smile and placed a kiss on my forehead, her tears spilled down from her eyes. She lingered in to the forehead kiss, I can feel her tears rolling down her face.

"I'm sorry, yeobo." She squeaked out.

I pulled away from her forehead kiss and looked up to meet her eyes. Her eyes that always shined, her eyes that always held secrets, her eyes that possessed galaxies and stars in them. A soft smile curved up from my face, reassuring and patient. She wipes her tears with her palm and then she offered me a silly smile.