Gangnam Visit

Hyewon's POV:

It was my birthday today so we went to visit Seri Eomma, because every Sunday we really go to Seri Eomma and spend time with her before going to see her family. Often we would bring food for lunch, but today, we all agreed to go and have lunch at Kang Hotel in Gangnam, I told Eomma's family to meet us at Kang Hotel exactly 12 in the noon. I already reserved seats for five people and pre-ordered an All-American Feast for Five like we always did for my birthday weekend, we always ate out with Seri Eomma's parents. We are about three minutes away from Seonjeongnung Cemetery, where Seri Eomma was laid to rest. Sixty years was the maximum years you are allowed to be buried in a public cemetery, eventually you will be exhumed and your family would have to bury you somewhere else. This was due to the lack of burial spaces around Korea, most families opt for cremation and the ashes of their deceased could either be put inside pendants or have them turned to diamonds.

We already ate snacks on our way here, we also bought Eomma's favorite Orienpet Lilies and her favorite beer before finally coming here. We always did this on a weekly basis. We also hired someone who would look after Seri Eomma's plot, making sure that the grass was trimmed regularly and her gravestone was polished and kept. Her family didn't know it, but we did this because we understood it was hard for her family to accept her death let alone have them tend to her gravesite. The gravesite was always clean and tended to as they should because we pay them thirty thousand won, three of us have divided 30 between us three, Eunbi Unnie, Minju and I each gives ten thousand won each Month as payment for the grave keeper.

Minju and I are now inside Seonjeongnung Cemetery. A few more turns and we will be arriving at Seri Eomma's resting place. She sits under a Japanese Zelkova tree, shading her gravestone marker. It was picked by Chaeyeon, where she now was. I parked my car in front of the lot, we would have to walk a little further from the front of the lot, Seri Eomma's was smack dab middle of the lot, under the tree. It was a good choice, because the lot was kind of congested and the middle had somewhat a privacy. I already thanked Chaen for picking this lot out, but it was met with a walk out. I will try to show her how grateful I am for her and for picking out this lot. Once my car was parked, Minju and I got out of the car and she brought the food offering for Seri Eomma while I brought out the sole bottle of beer and the bouquet of Orienpet Lilies.

We walked in matching cadence and pace towards Seri Eomma. We were met with a warm breeze engulfing each of us. It wasn't even windy today, it lasted for fifteen seconds then it was gone after that. The sun shone brightly down at us, it was almost Summer, the weather  has become nice, an impending heatwave will hit Korea this year in the summer days. We are enjoying the last few days of spring. Once we reached the gravesite marker, we greeted Eomma.

"We're here, Eomma." We both greeted Eomma.

"It's my birthday today, so I dropped by to your favorite restaurant and brought you your favorite double-double, cheese fries and Strawberry Shake." I spoke to the gravemarker.

"We also brought you a bottle of your favorite beer." I followed up.

"Here you are, Eomma." Minju says to the gravemarker.

"And I also got you your favorite flowers, how are you doing?" I followed up.

Another gust of wind enveloped me for fifteen seconds.

"Good. It's good you are doing well, Eomma." I replied to the fifteen second wind that blew past me.

"We're doing fine these days. Don't worry, someday we will get Chaeyeon to come with us." I spoke to her.

"Yeah, Mianhe, I still haven't opened your letter, I'm still not ready Eomma. I miss you everyday though." Minju said to Seri Eomma.

Another gust of wind enveloped the both of us causing Minju to close her eyes. The lighting and her closed eyes prompted me to take a photo of her using my phone. I did exactly that and I was reviewing my shot of her. It came out good, she had a face that the camera loves. That's why whatever camera shoots her she comes out beautiful. I was admiring her shot that I just took when she looked down on my phone. I showed her the shot that looked like a commercial shot more of than a photo shot through my phone. She smiled softly at my phone and says.