Celebrating Haneul Appa's Birthday

Hyewon's POV:

"And that's how I met your Mother and this is the reason why we often go to the Philippines to visit with our extended family. This grave marker is where our Haneul Appa lies. Say hi, kids." I told our kids.

Haneul our eldest son looked at the marker, he wiped a lone tear away, Haneul our eldest son was a softie, he cries easily, he was also a very patient young man, his younger sisters and brother are protected by him, when he hears sad stories, he lets out tears he is definitely Minju's son, no doubt about that, he is a sensitive young man, he stepped up and spoke to the grave stone marker.

"It's really nice to meet you, Harabeoji Haneul. Hello, my name is Kang Haneul, I was named after you, because according to Mommy Min, I looked just like you, only taller, I'm happy that we got to know you Harabeoji." Haneul said to the grave.

Then our second child Hyejoo stepped up beside her eldest brother.

"Hello, Harabeoji. I'm so happy to meet you. My name is Kang Hyejoo, second child of Mommy Minju and Mama Hyewon. It's nice to finally meet you." She said.

Then our third Hyewook stepped up beside our second child.

"Hello Harabeoji, I'm happy that I met you, it's too bad you aren't here anymore, thank you for taking care of our Mommy and Mama. My name is Kang Hyewook." Hyewook told the gravestone marker.

Then our fourth, the sassiest one out of the five kids we had, her name is Minami, she stepped up beside our third.

"Hello, Haneul Harabeoji, this is the first time I heard about you. Thank you for looking after Mama and Mommy. It's too bad you aren't here anymore. My name is Kang Minami, it's nice to meet you, Harabeoji." She said to the gravestone.

Then finally our Youngest stepped up with her siblings, her name is Seri, she looked like the late Seri Eomma.

"Hello, Haneul Harabeoji, My name is Kang Seri, I was named after Seri Haelmoni because I looked so much like her, Mommy said I had Seri Haelmoni's eyes, but I think Seri Haelmoni is more beautiful, how are you doing in heaven? Are you having fun with Seri Haelmoni? I hope to meet you someday and take care up there." Seri told the gravestone animatedly.

Seri was the maknae of our Family, she is beloved not only by the Kang relatives, but our extended and chosen family as well. Seri looked like Eomma, her eyes were the same brown eyes, cat eye shape and her height was also smoler among her siblings. Although she was already fifteen, she stood exactly like Eomma. She was the strongest out of her siblings, the most animated storyteller and when she gazes, everyone including her elder siblings cower in fear. Truly like Seri Eomma, who just gazes at Haneul Appa and you can be sure that Appa would shut up. Our family of seven always went to the Philippines just like now, especially during the summers in the Philippines. Our five kids were very fond of Mama Taeyeon and Papa Skyler, they both treated our children like they were their own grandkids, despite them being older now, sometimes they'd forget who we are, then there are days that they remember us perfectly.

Ever since that 5th year, we always went to the Philippines, starting May 19th and continue on until the 27th, then go back to Korea for Seri Eomma, Christmas was either in Korea or the Philippines. This was the first time we brought our kids along to Haneul Appa's gravesite. We wanted our kids to be older before we explained why we made it a habit to be in the Philippines. We wanted them to understand the importance of the two Unnies/Parents in our chosen family. Minju looked over fondly at the gravemarker. A smile etched on her face.

"This is our family, Haneul Appa, I know you've seen them already as they grew up, I wanted everyone to be of the right age before we came with them, so they will fondly remember you. I hope you're doing well, Haneul Appa." Minju says to the gravemarker.