1| Packing

"This is bullshit

"This is bullshit." I say as I throw my arms up in the air. I can't go to the college I want to because my scholarship got taken away.

I have to go to a fucking college that I don't want to go to.

I could have gone to the college I wanted to go to if my mother would just fucking help me pay for it. Just a little bit of help is all I ask.

I've never asked her for anything.

"London! You're out of control. That is why you're in the situation you are in." I stared back at the woman who looked just like me. I was a spitting image of her. The black hair, the honey colored eyes, full lips, the perfect nose.

I just didn't act like her. I wasn't what she wanted. I was a fuck up. So when I was 4 she left me with my father.

My dad was an amazing father. He did his best to take care of me. But when I was 8 he passed away from drinking and driving.

The worst thing that had ever happened to me. I'll never forget that day. I thought it was a joke. A mistake, maybe they got the wrong address. Maybe the officer was supposed to go next store.

But no.

So I was with my grandparents for a while until one day, miss 'mother' wanted me again.

I scoffed at her words. "Out of control really?" I followed her as she walked through her luxurious home. Yes, I've lived with her most of my life, but this...this isn't home.

"Yes, London!" My mother spun around to face me. Her short black hair bobbed from the sudden movement. Her honey brown eyes held so much fire in them. She might as well burn this house to ash.

"If you didn't fucking want me in the first place, you should have left me with my grandparents!" I shouted back at her. I would have been fine. I would be happy right now and I know they would help me.

I'd be with my grandpa in his workshop, working on cars. But no, she wants the public to think she is a perfect mother and has a perfect family.

Her eyes narrowed and her brows furrowed. "I didn't want a fucking screw up London! I wanted a good and responsible daughter!" This was normal for me but it didn't mean that it still didn't hurt.

"I wanted a daughter who didn't end up in jail for some stupid fucking shit!" She shouted.

"So, if you want to go to that stupid ass school in New Jersey, fine but you'll have to find your own way." That was final. There was no way out of this.

I'm not going to Princeton.

I watch my so called mother disappear down the hallway before I storm to my room. I lost my scholarship all because I got caught racing again.

After packing all the things I'll need. I go to the bathroom stripping off my clothes, stepping into the steaming shower.

Hot showers have always helped my body and mind become calm. Grabbing my vanilla body wash, I lather it on my skin.

There is something calm about hearing the water from the shower hit the wall and the floor. It reminds me of rain.

Grabbing the shampoo putting some in my hand before rubbing it in my long black hair. My hair goes to about my ass.

I will never go to get my hair cut I did it once and I end up with a bob just like my mother. Never again. Ever since that day I've cut my own hair.

Rinsing my hair and body before I get out of the shower. Wrapping my body in a white towel.Going
to my closet, picking out a white cropped
t-shirt that I had cut off the sleeves. Slipping on black shorts.

My thoughts trail off as I begin to wash my face. Moving away from my friends. Well, some what my friends.

I guess you can call them that. They just follow me around like lost puppies and tell me about the gossip in town. They do annoy the hell out of me. But I think it's just me.

Ever since my dad died and I was taken from my grandparents, I just stopped letting myself get close to people. It's no use if they're going to leave you behind. Or if you are forced to leave them.

My mom has never understood the way my brain works. Half of the time, she's just saying, I'm doing this all for attention. But how could I be doing it for attention if all I've ever asked from people is to leave me the fuck alone?

It doesn't make sense to me. I never asked her to come to take me. I never asked for a mother like her. She has everything, she has a big house, a shit load of money.

A husband. The same guy she cheated on my father with. The same asshole that grabbed me by my throat for talking back.

My father would have skinned him alive if he was here. I guess you can say I get myself into those situations where he thinks it's ok to hit me.

But I'm not going to sit there and let him talk down on my father and my grandparents. It's not fucking happening

Flash back
15 years old

"I should have never let you stay with your father." I stop in my tracks, turning to face my mother. Is she fucking crazy? Does she think I act like this because of my dad?

"What?" I stepped forward. Her short black hair was pinned back. Her makeup is done like a model. "If I never had left you with your father you wouldn't act like a little slut with a bad attitude."

It was almost like a string being cut. I snapped. Anger rushed through me like someone rushing to get to the surface to get a breath of air.

"If I get being a little slut with a bad attitude it's from you!" It felt good saying it. I have no regret. The way her face looked was like an award.

Her face scrunched and tears threaten to fall. "Aw, are you going to fucking cry?" I mocked not hearing the heavy footsteps coming down the stairs.

A tight hand wrapped around my throat and I was yanked into a body. It was so tight that it was hard to breathe. Looking into Matt's deep brown eyes. Pleading with him to let go.

"We let you come into this home after that alcoholic killed himself and your grandparents didn't want you." My face hardened hearing the way he talked about my family. At this moment I didn't care that it was hard to breathe.

"I never want to hear you call your mother a slut again." The hold around my neck tightened. My lungs burned for air. But I continue to stare at him. I'm not scared of him.

He's done shit like this so many times it starting to get old.

"Do you fucking hear me." He jerk me closer so I could feel his breath against my face. "Fuck y-you." I managed to get out. His eyes darkened. Throwing me to the floor.

Looking up at him. I wanted to hit him. I wanted to shout and scream at him for grabbing me but I was still trying to catch my breath.

Kneeling down next to my body, gripping my jaw tightly. "You are never going to make it in this world with that attitude." I smirked at him before saying.

"Watch me."