32| Dinner

"Please London, just give me a chance

"Please London, just give me a chance." My mother said over the phone. I wanted to believe my mom could change, but I know that people can't just change.

Especially someone like her. She was the root of my nightmare. If it wasn't for her, my father wouldn't have become a drunk and I wouldn't have been taken from my grandparents.

I wouldn't have been beaten all of those years.
But if I wanted to be in my sibling's life, then I needed to try and believe that she could change.

"Fine." I grumble out. I hear my mother let out a small squeal. I rolled my eyes at her childish behavior.

"I'll send you the details and make sure you look nice. I'll see you later." She explained before hanging up.

Yeah, well she's going to have one extra person coming. I smirk to myself, already having a plan on how I'm going to convince my bookworm to come with me to this fancy dinner.

I slip on my shoes before making my way to the library.

I push open the wooden doors and immediately the thousands of books come into view.  Thousands of worlds you can stick your head in. There are so many endless places you can travel to without even taking a step.

I watch as August peeks his head out from behind one of the bookshelves. A bright smile forms on his full lips before he stumbles out from behind the bookshelf.

I lightly laugh as I see him look down at the floor with an embarrassed look on his face.

"You alright there, pretty boy?" I teased, which only caused his cheeks to turn a slight pink tone.

"I-I'm fine. I was just happy to see you." He said sheepishly. Closing the distance between us, I lean up on my tippy toes and press my lips to his red cheek.

"So I was thinking." I pulled away to look into his hazel eyes. He raised a brow, waiting for me to continue. "That maybe you would want to be my date for a family dinner." His freckled cheeks flamed with blush at the word 'date.'

His hazel eyes slightly widened before he tried to hold back a smile as he nodded. My belly swarmed with butterflies just at how he reacts to me.

I never felt this way before. I never felt truly happy until him.

***

"Why this store?" August asked as he stopped, not wanting to go into the lingerie store.  "Because I need to get something." I said dryly.

August just kept his eyes on me, not looking anywhere else. I tell him, "You can stay out here if you want." August shook his head immediately.

"I-I'll go with you." He stuttered slightly. I smile at his nervousness. I grab August's large hand and thread my fingers through his.

I walk around the stand and look through the small drawers. August just stood closely beside me. His thumb rubbed circles on my hand as I continued looking around.