53| Memories

I hate being here

I hate being here. in this place of emptiness. I feel stuck, like I'm not supposed to be here. I don't know where I am.

Whether I'm alive or dead.

Every so often, I can hear what sounds like a memory, but I don't know if it is mine or whatever this empty void has conjured up.

I don't want to be here anymore. I just want to give up. The cold wrapped around me as if it were a blanket trying to keep me from freezing. But nothing seemed to work.

The only thing I could think about was how cold I had become within seconds.

It felt like everything was slowly slipping away from me. My memories slowly faded, as did any feeling I once had.

"I need you to wake up."

I hear someone call out from a distance. I looked around this dark abyss that I was trapped in. The voice made my heart skip a beat.

It was like it knew the deep voice. Like it had once loved him, and yet I didn't even recognize it.

I couldn't even if I tried. I think to myself. I pull my knees to my chest, hugging them.

"I need you to wake up. I need to be able to tell you that I'm still in love with you."

The darkness I once was trapped in began flashing with memories. I know they were my memories, yet I don't remember even making them.

I watched as they played out. everything between good and bad. I winced at certain memories. Others I laughed at.

I smile as I watch the memories play like a movie. I watched myself grow up. It was weird, but peaceful.

All of a sudden, the memories stopped. I stood in a library. I looked around, taking in the memory that seemed so distant.

Large bookcases lines the walls of the large room. "You need to wake up, princess." I turned so quickly that it caused me to stumble a bit.

I stared at my father. Tears filled my eyes as I slammed my body into his. His arms wrapped around me. "Ho-how?" The words left my mouth, my voice wobbling. He gave me a sad smile.

"You don't remember because you haven't gotten that far yet." He tells me My brows furrowed at him. My eyes widen as it hits me. "Am I dead?"

My father shakes his head. "You're in the in- between." He explains. I gape at him.

"What happened?" I panic, trying to force myself to remember, but I can't get any further than the memory I'm in.

"Just watch." He points behind me. I turn and watch everything start to play out again. I watch myself enter this library.