38| ready?

"We're here to shop

"We're here to shop." Alyssa says, pulling Savanna and I through the mall. "And yes, London, you are getting things for your trip." She adds.

Her red hair was down, in loose curls. She wore a flowy dress. It looked like it was for the summer, but it had fall colors.

Sav, on the other hand, was wearing a dark red hoodie with black sweats. Her blonde hair was in a bun, allowing anyone to see the shaved hair under.

I remember when I was younger, I always wanted an undercut. But of course, my mom said no.

The last time I talked to my mom, she said she was seeing a therapist. I realize now that my mom was also going through pain.

My mom said it was only mental abuse when I still lived with her and Matt, but when I left for college, it got worse.

It became physical. He didn't care if she was pregnant with his child.

My mother has called me many times, crying to me, saying how sorry she was, that she never tried to help me, never called or asked for help.

But there has been a time where she would call me and tell me how the baby is doing.

The doctors say that the baby is healthy, but my mom is still afraid that the abuse could have affected the pregnancy.

She is due in a month and a half, and she said she wanted me to be there. I told her yes.

I wouldn't want her to be alone. I'm the only family she has left, and I want to be a good daughter and big sister.

My mom still hasn't figured out a name yet. It's a girl.

If I'm being honest, I am fucking scared. How am I supposed to teach my little sister what not to do when I don't even know myself?

Alyssa pulled us into a store.

"What about this?" She says, holding up a dress. Pink, might I add. Sav burst out into laughter, which caused me to follow.

Alyssa glared at us. "What is so fucking funny?" She snapped at us. Savanna and I quickly sobered up.

"Well beautiful, it's pink." Sav said, which caused Alyssa's cheeks to turn a light shade of pink. "Nothing is wrong with pink." Shaking my head at the two before secretly walking off.

I was looking through clothes that were hanging on racks. I pull out my phone, scrolling through contact names, looking for him.

Clicking his number, only to hear it ring once before his deep but soft voice comes through the phone.

"Hello, pretty boy." I say with a smile as I try to imagine if he is in his dorm or if he is in the library, maybe even playing the guitar. "Hello." I could hear the smile just from the way he spoke.

"Is it weird that I miss you?" He said with a nervous laugh.

He is perfect.

"Yes." I lied. He was silent for a second before saying. "Oh well, because I do." I laughed at his truthfulness.