7| Burnt Rubber

"I-I don't think this a good idea

"I-I don't think this a good idea. What if you lose?" August panicked. Opening my car door smiling at him before getting in. "Are you getting in?" I say as I put my long black hair in a low messy bun.

I grin hearing the passenger door open and close quickly. "Do you not have faith in me pretty boy?" His eyes widened and his cheeks redden at the nickname.

It gets him every time.

"No, I didn't mean it like that." He panicked. Laughing at his nervousness. Turning the radio on as I watch the woman hold to two flags in the air.

Revving the engine of my black challenger. Looking over at the guy next to me. Brayden looked over at me with a devilish smile.

Oh, this is going to be fun.

Yes, it is.

The woman in front of both our car throws the flags down. "What are you d-doing go." August's voice was laced with worry. Slamming on the gas which caused both of us to hit the back of our seats.

"Oh, Jesus." I hear August say under his breath. Turning quickly; rounding the corner causing my car to drift slightly.

Quickly straightening out the car pushing on the gas even more.

It's something about having all the control of something so powerful. Having the control of a powerful engine. Feeling the power of the roaring engine run through your body.

Hearing my car roar as I fly by Brayden's car. Rounding the next turn with ease. Looking over at August seeing the beautiful smile on his plump lips.

His hazel eyes become a bright green as the fear and excitement show on his slightly freckled face. Turning back to the road keeping my car under control.

Brayden cuts me off at the last turn. "Shit." I curse under my breath. Straightening out my car swiftly.
Picking up speed as quickly as I lost it.

Smirking over at Brayden as I fly past him, crossing the finish line. "Holy shit that was amazing." August exclaimed looking over at me.

His forest green eyes beaming with excitement. Nodded my head before getting out.

"My god London you were great!" Alyssa runs up to me with a bright grin on her face. "I can't believe I have a badass as a friend." Rolling my eyes with a chuckle.

"You did great. I respect a woman that knows how to control her car." Turning as I heard a hoarse voice speak from behind me.

His bright blue eyes swirl with desire and lust. "And I respect a man that respects women no matter what." I say blankly watching as his face hardens.

Counting the money that the announcer had handed me. August stood beside me. "Are you going to leave or are you just going to keep staring?" I ask Brayden but don't look at him.