4| Library

I stare at the white ceiling unable to fall asleep

Looking over at the clock on the nightstand next to my bed.

Fucking hell it's 2:30 am.

I need to get fresh air. Throwing the covers off my body, quickly grabbed a hoodie and slipped on my vans.

I open my door peaking out to make sure no one is out roaming the halls. I can't sleep for the life of me. It's always been hard for me to sleep. I don't know why I just can't. Medicine doesn't even help.

If I do fall asleep I just wake up a million times. It's so fucking annoying. As I continue walking down the dark halls of Blackwell I see a light coming from a cracked door.

Peaking in I saw huge shelves lining the walls. Walking down one of the book isles running my hand across the books as I walk.

I've never took interest in reading. I just didn't want to see all the love in books and not find that kind of pure love and happiness the characters feel. I don't want to put myself through more pain.

I don't want to be let down.

If I can prevent it then I will. Rounding the corner I run right into a wall. "Jesus!" Damn did the wall just fucking talk?

Am I tripping? Did I do drugs?

Wouldn't put it past you.

Shut the fuck up.

"I-I'm so sorry." The deep voice stuttered. Looking up my eyes met a beautiful green pair. There were bits of light goldish brown color around the pupil. Then bits of dark and light green filled his eyes. Wired glasses framed his face.

I almost smile.

Key word almost.

"What are you doing in here kid?" His brows knitted together. His fluffy light brown hair was slightly in his face. Looking like he had run his hand through it a million times today. "I'm not a kid."

"Sure pretty boy." His eyes slightly widened. Blush took over his slightly freckled face. I bit back a smile. Why is this so cute?

"W-what are you doing here?" He looked away trying to look anywhere but me. My eyes dropped to the book in his veiny hand.

Lord have mercy.

Quickly grabbed the book out of his hand, opening it where the bookmark was placed. "Wait." Turning away as he tries to reach for the book.