41| think about it

After breakfast, London said she wanted to take me into town, so after taking a quick shower, we left

The music fills the comfortable silence between us as she speeds in and out of traffic. I watch a smile come onto her full lips as she picks up speed.

It's like she comes to life when she drives; maybe it's just the adrenaline. But it's the opposite for me; my nerves are all jumbled together due to how fast we are going.

I know she has control over her car, but just the thought of her losing it scares the shit out of me.

"I've been arrested before." She turns to look quickly at me to see my reaction. I looked at her and I wanted to laugh, but I was unsure if that was supposed to be funny.

"I was caught racing." She looks back at the road and starting slowing down.

I was surprised by that thought. I know she is fast enough and smart enough to lose to the cops. She must have noticed the confusion on my face because she started speaking again.

"I slowed down so one of the other racers could get out of there fast." But when I was about to take off, a cop pulled out right in front of me." She spoke softly.

God, I love her voice.

"Why did you slow down for some racer?" She laughed at my question. "I don't even know. I just did it; it was a last-second decision." She shrugged her shoulders like it was no big deal.

London stopped at a red light, and she turned to look at me. "Well, that was a stupid decision." I said it in a dull tone.

I don't understand why she would even do that. Going to jail could have ruined her future; she could have ruined everything for herself with a simple decision. That's all it takes: one stupid decision.

Anger crawled up my spine slowly; she didn't even think about her future before she made that decision.

She smiled as she said to me,"I met you because of that stupid last-second decision, pretty boy."With a shake of my head, I looked over at her.

She quickly leaned over and kissed my lips before the light turned green again. Heat slowly creeped onto my cheeks just from her small action.

And wasn't mad anymore; how could I be?

It wasn't long until we pulled into a large parking lot. "Where are we?" I asked as we got out of the car.

When London stood next to me, she tilted her head back to look at me. "You'll see, pretty boy." Her lips formed into a mischievous grin that had my stomach flipping with a familiar emotion.

Leaning down and placing my hand on her cheek, taking her lips to mine. She always tasted like cherries. Her lips were soft against mine.

Butterflies burst into my stomach when she kissed back. pulling away and resting my forehead on her. I let out a breath.