10| Paper

"Miss me?"

"Miss me?"

Watching his Adam's apple bob. He pushes up his glasses that have fallen down his nose a bit. I pulled out the essay I had kept, handing it to him.

"I kept my end of the deal." He looks a bit surprised.
His hazel green eyes were so pure and innocent. I want to see how far that innocence really goes.

"Well, I already turned it in." He said in a whisper looking down at the dark carpet. I laughed backing away from him and heading down a book aisle.

"It's ok not to trust me, pretty boy. I wouldn't trust me either." Looking at the dusty books. Hearing his footsteps following me.

"I-I trust you." He stumbled over his words.

But I'd ruin you like a hurricane ruins a town.
I'd come and ruin every bit of your heart. But oh the Sweet Temptation.

It's tempting so fucking tempting to ruin his innocence.

"That's just the thing, pretty boy." Looking over my shoulder. He's wearing a forest green hoodie.
His jeans are cuffed pairing his outfit with Nike blazers mid-77.

"What do you mean?" August said softly looking at the floor as he shifted on his feet. Lifting his chin so he was looking at me.

"Exactly what it sounds like." His cheeks redden at the physical contact. His breathing increased. Smiling at the effect I have on him.

"You ok there." I teased. He pulled away from me looking around the library acting like he was afraid of someone seeing us.

"We'll work on the p-project tomorrow." He said softly looking at me. I smile giving him a slight nod.

***

Unlocking my dorm room, pushing the door open. My jaw clenched seeing the woman sitting on my bed. Her short black hair shined when the light hit it a certain way.

How the hell did she get in here?

"You haven't been answering my calls." Her voice was filled with annoyance. "Sorry I didn't know I had to answer you." I said with a sarcastic tone.

Her lips are in a tight line as she stands, dragging her hands down her red dress. She looks at my outfit with disgust as if she wasn't wearing something more revealing than me.

Her red dress had a deep v neck and a leg slit. I can't lie my mom is a beautiful woman but is ugly on the inside.

Not everyone can be beautiful on the inside as they're on the outside. It just doesn't work that way. It never has and it never will.

The bad boy is named bad boy for a reason. Beautiful on the outside but the devil on the inside.

It's all a trap. Their so beautiful it pulls you in but it's the adrenaline they give you, that is what keeps you there. The sweet words that leave their lips. The way their touch feels on your skin.

Love is beautiful only until it's not. Then it's hell.
So much pain and so many lies.

But what sucks is I know that I'm the bad girl and I'll never be able to change that. I can't be fixed. I'm broken and I'll stay broken.

I'm like a broken cup when the pieces are too small to put back together.

"You're never listening to me. Your always in your own world." She says throwing her arms into the air. I sigh pinching the bridge of my nose.

I'm too tired to argue with her. "Go home, mom." I move past her, heading into the bathroom. I go to the sink, turning the water on and cupping my hands so it would catch the water before putting the water on my face.

"Excuse you, young lady. I am your mother and I don't have to listen to you." I'm so tired of this so fucking tired.

"Go home." I repeated I just can't do this today.

Flash back
4 years old

"Do you not fucking understand Derek I don't fucking love you anymore!" I hear my mama yelling at my daddy.

"What did I do please tell me what I did so I can fix it." I peek around the corner seeing my dad turn to touch my mom.

Shoving him away from her. I watched as tears roll down my dad's cheek. "Let me fix this. Let me fix our family." Daddy pleaded with her.

She looked so mean and scary. "I cheated Derek there's no fixing things." My dad stills and his bottom lip trembles.

"We need to fix this. She needs her mother..." He takes a long pause, looking up at the ceiling.
"You can still see him. Just come home and....and be a mother. You don't have to love me." His voice broke.

"You're fucking pathetic Derek." She shook her head causing her long black hair to move. "You still want me after I cheated on you?" She laughed in his face.

"Y-yes." my father looked absolutely broken. "I love you and I love the life that we built together." He said running his hand through his dark hair.

"What happened we were happy together?" Mom just shook her head at him. "You are not enough anymore." she turned away.

I push myself against the wall as mama walks out of her room leaving daddy alone. I panic seeing her grab her things walking out of the house.

Racing after her. Standing on my tiptoes to open the door.

"Mommy wait!" I cry out watching her walk to her car. Her black heels hitting the grey concrete. I don't want her to leave.

Turning to face me. "Go home." She snaps at me.
"B-but where are you going?" Her jaw clenched tightly.

"Go the fuck inside!" she screamed causing me to flinch.

Am I not enough either?

I watch as she gets in her car and drives off.

Flash back ended

"Go the fuck home." I say turning to face her. My heart beating fast as I try to hold in all the emotion I'm feeling.

Pain

Anger

Emptiness

Loneliness

I could be in a room filled with people and still feel lonely. And that's the worst feeling anyone can feel.

"I'm so fucking tired of you London! How can you treat your mother like this? The one who raised you. Who loves you!" I laughed. I fucking laugh.

"You?" I pointed at her. She looked confused, her dark brows knitted together. "Raised me?" I laughed.

She can shove that right up her ass.

"Get the hell out before I drag your ass out myself!" I said slamming the bathroom door in her face.