Chapter 15

I tried to listen to hear what they were talking about but they were speaking too quietly to hear. Lucius looked in my direction so I quickly went behind the wall again. My hand hit the pocket of Mattheos sweatpants and I felt something in it. I stuck my hand down the pocket and pulled out a box of cigarettes.

Well shit.

I heard footsteps coming closer to me so I started sprinting towards the common room, cigarettes still in hand. If my dad saw me with this, he would kill me.

I muttered the spell quickly and ran inside the common room, quickly shutting the door behind me.

"What's up with you?" Blaise asked, sitting on the couch playing wizards chess with another Slytherin.

"I was just going to meet with my father," I said while panting from the quick pace I was walking at.

"Then, why are you panting?" he asked, looking me up and down.

"Just shut up and leave me alone," I said still panting and walking over and sitting on the other couch across from him.

"Are you THAT out of shape?" he asked with a chuckle.

"What? No!" I asserted.

He chuckled again.

"Trust me, I've told her she needs to go to the gym like 500 times" Terence Higgs walked in saying.

Ugh. Terence Higgs.

Terence Higgs was my ex-boyfriend from my 3rd to 4th year. We broke up last year because he was abusive, rude, a two-timing bitch, and a total prick. I still have scars that lay on my skin because of him.

I looked up at him and when I realized who it was I brought my gaze back down to the floor. He gave me PTSD. I'm terrified of what he could do to me, and what he's already done. I saw Mattheo out of the corner of my eye standing in the same corner of the common room from the night before. 

Blaise looked between me and Terence. He knows what he's done to me. I couldn't even look him in the eye anymore, his piercing stare scarred me for life.

"Says you. I'm surprised that when you play Quidditch the broom isn't weighed down to the ground." Draco announced.

Draco also knew what Terence had done to me. I'm thankful for them sticking up for me since the day we met.

Terence ignored his comment and kneeled to be met at my face level. I didn't look him in the eye. He grabbed my chin and made me face him.

"Hi Darlin," he let out.

I just death glared at him. Mattheo calls me the same thing, he calls me darling and princess. They both have the same actions when it comes to communicating with me. Except,  Mattheo doesn't hit me, or cause scars.

I saw Mattheo tense up a bit and stare between me and my ex-boyfriend. I think he noticed I was uncomfortable and irritated.

"Maybe you should just leave her alone?" Mattheo walked toward us with his hands in his pockets, looking confident.

Terence let go of my chin and turned his head to face Mattheo. He put his hands on his knees and lifted himself. I looked between the both of them not exactly knowing what to do.

Matthew didn't look fazed as Terence was trying to look intimidating. Matthew plopped down on the couch so close to me that our thighs brushed together, he lifted his arm and put it around my shoulder.

"Also. She's not your 'Darlin'" he declared.

"Well she's not yours either," Terence let out.

"Really?" Matthew questioned with a mischievous voice and grin.

He stared at me and I stared back at him, not understanding what he was getting at. He quickly shoved his lips onto mine. His lips were soft and comforting. He let go and smiled up at Terence who scoffed and walked away.

Ok then.