chapter 23

I was hesitant, but i did as he said and stood. i didn't face him i just kept my head down looking at my hands resting on the table. everybody's eyes were on me again. i walked over to the dark lord and he grabbed my arm tightly which made me wince a bit. i looked over at mattheo for some fucking reason.

"why are you looking at him?" voldemort questioned. "don't look at him, look at me. he's not going to help you." he finished.

i swallowed deeply and my breathing came unsteady. this was it. he was about to shove his wand into my arm and make me a death eater. what would everybody think if they found out? what would blaise think? what would draco think? what would pansy think? my life is never going to be the same again.

nothing was going to prepare me for the amount of pain i was about to feel. how was i even supposed to hide the mark? i hate long sleeved shirts.

he held his wand against my wrist. was this really it? just right in the dining room? no fancy room specifically for this occasion? out of all places, a dining room? i don't know why i'm complaining about that because it's probably the least of my worry's at the moment but come on, a dining room?

all of a sudden i felt a flash of pain course through my whole body. it cut me off guard. no warning? i get that he's the dark lord and all but he could of at least said 3..2..1, or something.

the pain got worse and worse by the second and i could feel my eyes watering up. i heard some of the death eaters stand up, my father definitely did and mattheo. i fell to my knees as tears ran from my cheeks onto the floor like a broken faucet. i soon later passed out right there on the floor from the excruciating amount of pain.

hopefully i'll wake up and this will all be just a bad dream. i knew that wasn't going to happen but i'm trying to not be the most pessimistic person in this situation like i usually am.

i woke up in a king sized bed with black and dark green silk sheets. definitely the comfiest bed i've ever been on. although they are rich so i'm not surprised. mattheo came in a few moments later and leaned on the door frame. such a cliché i know.

"how are you feeling?" he smiled.

"like hell." i answered with a blank face.

he chuckled slightly and made his way over to me.

"you told me it wasn't going to happen until tomorrow." i let out.

he sighed deeply and looked at the ground.

"i didn't know that they were doing it today." he answered.

"what's going to happen, now that i'm a death eater..?" i look down at the dark mark on my wrist.

mattheo took a few moments to respond and just kept looking at the ground with a sorrowful gaze.

"that's not up to me. that's my fathers job." he finally answered.

It's been about a week since i became a death eater and honestly, it wasn't too bad. we had meetings every now and again but nothing too bad. it's hard to keep it a secret because i can't go swimming at the lake anymore without it showing, i can't wear t-shirts or tank tops either. other than that it's pretty easy keeping it a secret.

"come on, Addy. you can't keep blowing us off. your going to the lake today wether you like it or not." Blaise complained.

i look to my right at Mattheo who just shrugged his shoulders with wide eyes as he gobbled down his food.

i sighed deeply and looked forward.

"fine" i let out.

Mattheos head shot up and looked straight at me. i looked back at him and just shrugged with wide eyes. i'll just steal some of pansy's makeup and cover it up.

....

to sum it up i didn't realize it wasn't waterproof makeup. so. yes they all know now. they didn't take it very well. well...pansy didn't. turns out draco and blaise are also death eaters. honestly, not surprised. i mean...draco's dad is a death eater so he would end up a death eater anyway. and blaise....is blaise.

"soooooo" blaise scooted closer to me on the bed. "how are you and mattheo huh?" he raised his eyebrows with a smile.

"what do you mean?" i asked, genuinely confused.

"y'know...like your guy's relationship, how's it going?" he added.

"what relationship?" what the hell was he talking about.

"are you messing with me?" he let out.

"are you?" i returned the question.

we both stared at each other for a few moments with confused expressions on our faces. until i remembered.

i had totally forgotten that me and mattheo had been faking a relationship to get rid of the hoes. he obviously did as well.

"OH" i let out. "yeah about that....uhmmm. we were never together we just acted like we were so the hoes would go away." i explained.

Blaise's face dropped as he looked at me.

"you've GOT to be kidding me right now." he said furiously.

"what?" i laughed slightly.

"you guys would be SUCH a cute couple. everybody was finally happy cause y'all FINALLY got together cause it's obvious y'all like each other. but NOOOO, addy and mattheo were just FAKING IT." he said quickly as he got up and waved his arms around.

"it's really not that-" AND OF COURSE I WAS CUT OFF AGAIN BY A LITTLE FUCKING DUMB WHORE ASS BITCH.

mattheo walked into the room and looked at blaise.

"i heard my name" he said.

i looked at mattheo and put my head in my hands as i sighed. Blaise stayed silent for a second and started screaming at mattheo for the same reason he was yelling at me. it went on for awhile until blaise got so annoyed and left the room.

"ITS REALLY NOT THAT DEEP BRO" me and mattheo yelled from my room.