Chapter 27

(A/N- I AM SOOOO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN SO LONG. there's a LOT that's been going on since the last time i updated. so to sum it up, i basically moved across the country and i've been unpacking and all that. i bought my own PUPPY!! his name is Murphy Lee and i love him to death. he's a beagle/akita/sheapard/etc. he's a literally mixed with everything. but not the point. also broke up with my douche bag of a bf😋 i also have a lot of doctors appointments because i have celiac disease and i broke my back when i was 9 so i have to get surgery soon for that and i have a lot of x rays and it's just a whole mess. so i hope this clears up why i haven't been updating as much and i apologize again for that 😭)

I was sitting at breakfast listening to one of Blaise's crazy plans of getting Oliver to notice him. Mattheo sat next to me with his hand resting on my thigh. He rubbed his thumb back and forth against my thigh while he ate his cereal. I watched as our owls flew in and dropped letters and gifts to some of the students. Me, Mattheo, Blaise, and Draco got a black envelope. We all looked at each other than back at the envelopes. I slowly opened it, knowing exactly who it was from just not knowing why. I read the letter and looked but at my friends with a confused expression.

The letter was an invitation to a ball at the Malfoy Manner to celebrate me and Mattheos relationship. Weird.

"Wait wait wait. You guys are dating?" Draco looked back and forth from me to Mattheo.

We both looked at each other sheepishly and then back at the two boys looking at us shocked.

"Girl! Nuh uh! And you didn't tell me?!" Blaise smiled with excitement as he was also mad at me for not telling him. He said it quite loudly which cause students to stare at us.

"That's not the point right now. Why does your father even want to celebrate? I don't want to sound like a dick but he obviously isn't doing this because he's happy for us. He's obviously planning something." I looked up at Mattheo as he looked down at me and released his hand from my thigh.

He was about to answer but my father stood behind me. "Mattheo, a word?" He said in his raspy voice. I looked at my father then back at Mattheo. He sat still for a moment and nodded his head. They walked out into the hall.

"What was that about?" Blaise asked me as he shoved his mouth with a biscuit.

"Uhm..i-...i don't know." I say while look at the great hall doors than back at my food.

Later that day Mattheo stayed distant towards me. I was guessing my dad gave him some tough guy talk about being with his daughter.

After classes I went to Mattheos dorm and knocked on the door. No answer. I knocked once more. No answer.

"Mattheo, It's me" I said loudly into the door so he could hear me.

I was about to speak again until he swung open the door. He was wearing black dress pants with a white button down tucked into them. His tie was hung from his neck, poorly tied and his hair was wet and dropped onto his shirt.

"Sorry I was getting dressed" He grinned and stepped to the side of the doorway to let me in. I walked passed him and he shut his door and looked over at me.

I was pretty speechless. He looked damn good in that suit and I couldn't help but stare.

"So what did you need?" He said while struggling with his tie once more and looking into his mirror trying to fix it.

I smiled at his sloppiness and sat in his bed. "Well, I don't know if I need to wear something formal, or if I don't. Cause he said we're "celebrating" and I don't know if that means that I wear something to have fun in or I wear something that will make your dads friends like me." I let out and made hand motions as I spoke.

Mattheo sighed and walked over to me and leaned down to my level on the bed and put his arms on either side of me as he brought his face closer to mine with a grin.

"I don't care wether my father or his friends like you or not. Just wear something you're comfortable in." He smiled and leaned in closer, placing a tiny kiss on my lips. I smiled as he pulled away but still kept his face close to mine.

"Ok" I breathed with a smile and placed another quick kiss on his lips then stood up. "I'll see you at Malfoy Manor." I stated as I walked to the door and placed my hand on the handle.

"We're not going together?" He questioned and looked over at me.

"No." I smiled and opened the door. "I have to make an entrance" I said jokingly and closed the door behind me with a smile.

I was a little late and wasn't getting ready quick enough. But Voldemort is always late so why can't I be?

I took my sweet time and rushed at the same time. I put on a long silky emerald green dress with a slit on the leg.

(reference photo

(reference photo. or you can change it to wtv you want idc)

Not too scandalous but not too formal either. My hair was straight with slightly curled ends. I wore black shoes that ties around my leg securely.

 I wore black shoes that ties around my leg securely

(Reference photo. again, you can change it to wtv you want)

I was finally done and looked at myself in the mirror.

Damn i look hot.

I apperated to Malfoy Manor and hesitantly stepped inside.