Chapter 32

I forced myself to stay awake until Mattheo got back, which he did, around 1 in the morning. I heard him in the bathroom so I quickly shot up. I waited for him to come out.

"Why are you still awake?" He asked with a smile and walked towards the bed.

I stayed silent for a moment, wondering if I should ask him why he didn't want to go further with me. I built up enough courage to do so and turned to face him.

"Why don't you want to have sex with me?" Damn. I got straight to the point. I didn't mean to be so bold but it's too late now.

"What?" He looked at me confused.

"Every time I try to go further you always stop. And it's not like you're afraid to do it either. You had sex tons of times with tons of different girls before me." I explained to him and kept eye contact.

"And that's exactly why I don't want to go further with you. Not now at least. I want our first time to be special. Not just a lousy hookup like I did with everybody else." His voice was so genuine and calm.

I looked away from him and down at my hands while I picked at my fingers nervously. I looked back up at him.

"Really?" I asked softly.

"Yes really." He lightly laughed and leaned over to kiss me.

Screams were heard from every direction. Fire laced the ground and the castle crumbled at my feet. The only sign of life was pure evil and hatred. Injured and deceased bodies laid on the castle ground where it once stood. The clouds were dark and the breeze was cold. My hands were covered in blood, so much that it was dripping on the stone floor. My breathing quickened as I looked around for help. I saw Mattheo, limp on the ground. I ran towards him while yelling his name. His face had bloody hand prints on it and he was bleeding from every limb of his body. I tried to shake him awake but nothing came out of it. I began to cry as I begged for him to come back to me. I heard a dark and cold laugh from behind me. My head quickly turned to be faced with none of than Bellatrix Lestrange. She pointed and laughed at me. I reached into my pocket angrily and took out my wand, aiming it towards her. She shot a spell at me, flying me backwards and instantly killing me. I was dead. Mattheo was dead. How could this happen? Why did I let this happen?

I shot up from the bed out of breath and gasping for air. My eyes were wide and I ran my fingers through my hair. I looked to the side of me and Mattheo wasn't there. Panic shot through me almost instantly and I stood up from the bed, dismissing the fact I stood up to fast and my vision grew fuzzy. I continued to search for him in the bathroom, nothing. I ran down to the common room and saw him sitting on the couch with Draco and Blaise.

He looked up at me with a smile and I stood still at the top of the staircase. I was still out of breath and my facial expression was unreadable.

"You ok?" Draco asked as I finished walking down the rest of the stairs.

"Yeah" I breathed a sigh of relief and looked down to the floor. I walked to the couch Mattheo was sitting on and sat next to him.

"You sure you're ok?" He whispered and kissed my head.

I nodded in response and huddled up close to him, feeling his body warmth radiate to me.

I know it was just a nightmare, but it felt so real. He was dead, right front of me. His blood was on my hands. Did I kill him? Was it my fault that he died?

In every class that's all I thought about. I didn't pay attention once. What if it was my fault? What if what Mattheo and Bellatrix were talking about last night was about something bad. Something like....war.

"Hey" Mattheo snapped his fingers in front of my face and I brought my attention to him. "What's going on? You've been acting weird all day." He put down his fork and brought his full attention to me now.

I looked away from him and thought about telling him. But it was better if I didn't.

"Just...tired" I lied and continued eating. He knew something was up and continued to look at me.

He grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the great hall and into the hallway. He was about to say something but my father quickly followed behind and stood next to us.

"Is something wrong?" He looked between me and Mattheo.

I quickly looked up at my father and then back at Mattheo. I stood there awkwardly and held my arms against my chest defensively.

"No." Mattheo stated sternly and glanced at my father in a harsh manner. He obviously wanted a word alone with me and my father discarded his wishes.

"Addy, how about you go back inside. Mattheo, stay here." My father looked at me then to Mattheo.

I stood there for a moment then did as I was told. I rounded the corner to the Great Hall but stayed close by to hear the conversation.

"What was that about?" My father snapped at him.

"I don't know! But...I think she knows.." Mattheo let out a deep breath and looked up at my father worriedly.

"About the-"

"War?" I say blankly, crossing my arms and leaning up against the wall a few feet away from them.

They stared at me guiltily and quite a bit shocked at my presence.

"How do you know?" Mattheo protested and took a step closer to me.

"Were you guys ever going to tell me?" I look at my father angrily as I take a step closer as well.

They both look at each other then at me. They didn't know what to say.