Chapter 36

I hear my alarm going off and groan slightly. I lift my arm, eyes still shut as I hit the stop button on the night stand. My eyes guide themselves awake and I look up at the ceiling for a moment before standing up, which I did too quickly and made my head dizzy.

I walked slowly to the bathroom as I rubbed my eyes and yawned. I looked at myself in the mirror while I leaned against the counter. Mascara was underneath my eyes and I looked like a 50 year old cig mom about to go to my shift at the dollar store down in Hogsmead. My hair was half way out of its bun and my clothes wrinkled over my body uncomfortably.

It's my wedding day.

I took a deep breath as the thought sunk in finally. I hopped in the shower and put on a silky emerald colored short day dress while I got ready, I felt fancy today so why not?

I heard someone enter my room and I assumed it was Blaise so I peaked out the bathroom door, Mattheo.

"Hey, I-" He started to speak but I quickly shut the door, put my back towards it and leaned against it. "What's wrong?" He asked worriedly.

"You can't look at me! Wedding day rules!" I say on the other side of the door.

"You really believe in that?" He asked sarcastically with a slight laugh behind it.

"Yes! Now go away!" I laughed as I leaned back against the door and picked at my thumb with a smile. I could practically hear his eyes roll and his deep sigh.

"Well...I just wanted to say I love you, and I can't wait to see you walk down that isle, and for you to officially be mine." He explained.

MATTHEOS POV:

I leaned against the bathroom door while a wide grin overtook my cheeks. I want so badly to just kiss her till I lose my breath but "wedding day rules" are currently stopping me from that.

I know we aren't getting married based on our choice but this still feels right.

"I love you too" She said softly on the other side of the door.

God I love her so much.

Her voice alone gives me a feeling that rides up my spine and lifts the hair on my neck. I want to feel her soft skin against mine just for a moment.

"Mi amor, please?" I say softly against the door. She always gives in to my spanish.

"Please what, my love?" She says back to me.

Fuck I can't wait to rip that dress off of her later.

"Can I just get one kiss? Just one?" I beg.

"Do you promise not to open your eyes?" She lets out.

"Sí prometo.." I lower my voice and get closer to the crack in the door.

"Ok fine, but close your eyes!"

I do as i'm told and close my eyes. I hear the door open and I restrain from opening my eyes and just fucking her right there on the spot.

She grabbed the sides of my face as I guide my hands to her waist. I lower my head and guess where her lips are. I press them to hers, my eyes still closed.

I felt her pull away and my grin lowered into a frown.

"I need to get ready, and so do you" I could hear the smile in her voice.

"How about we just skip the wedding and just get straight to the good stuff" I say with a smirk, grabbing her waist tighter and lowering my lips to hers again, almost missing them with my eyes still closed.

She pulls again and I let out a deep groan. "I'm being serious" she laughs and lets go of my face. She grabs both my wrists and pushes my hands away from her waist. "Now go" She pushes me gently out of the doorway and onto the other side then shuts the door. I open my eyes and stare at the door for a moment before leaving the room to get ready.

Addison's POV:

I shook my head with a smile and walked back to the counter get ready.

A few hours later my father walked into the room. I had my dress on and Blaise was hyping me up and making me laugh. He stared down at me for a moment with cold expression but I could see a slight grin tug at the side of his lips. I smiled up at him while I flattened out a wrinkle in my dress.

"I hope you know I don't like Mattheo whatsoever and he's definitely not who I'd choose for you like at all. But he makes you happy and that's all that matters." He says with his raspy voice and wraps his arms around me and into a hug.

"Thank you, dad" I smile against his chest hugging him back.

"Love you, kiddo" He says under his breath not letting Blaise hear his soft side.

"Love you too" I whisper back.

Little did I know those would be our last words.