Chapter 28

I walked to the ball room and heard music beating against the walls. A few people stood in the halls with champagne glasses and gossiped about the other families. I took a deep breath and entered the ballroom. A few eyes shot my way and I felt a little self conscious. I looked around the room for Mattheo and couldn't find him. I suddenly felt a hand snake around my waist and somebody kiss my jawline and whisper into my ear.

"Looking for me, darlin?" He asked with a grin. I smiled and turned to face him. His tie was still very poorly done and I rolled my eyes at him. I grabbed his tie and undid it. He watched every single one of my moves and stared at me intensely. I tied it correctly and looked up at him with a smile.

"You're so beautiful" He complimented me and spun me around, examining my features closely with a grin.

"You're not so bad yourself" I joked and leaned against his chest. He leaned down and kissed the top of my forehead.

"Ah, here the two lover birds are now" Voldemort clapped his hands together and smiled at us as he walked with some death eaters behind him.

My body tensed at his presence and Mattheo sensed it. He intertwined his fingers with mine and rubbed my knuckles with his thumb reassuringly while he spoke to his fathers friends, talking about stories of when he was younger.

"Oh when Teo was younger he would try and make friends with the bunnies and they would always run away and he would get so upset that they didn't want to be his friend." A lady laughed and I laughed along with her.

I looked up at Mattheo and whispered "Teo?" I questioned the nickname with a smile and he looked down at me, pink with embarrassment. I was enjoying this way more than I should've been.

Me and Blaise were dancing on the dance floor and laughing at anything and everything. Mattheos father surprisingly hasn't caused any issues and was allowing us to drink alcohol with the other adults. My father didn't approve so I just did it secretly. Everybody there was at least a little tipsy. Me and Blaise on the other hand, we're way past that.

Mattheos POV-

I watched Addy from the other side of the room. I had a drink in my hand and watched her closely. I didn't trust anyone here nor their intentions. I was standing with some of my childhood friends as I watched Addy dance her heart out.

"Yo, Matt, your girlfriends hot" One of my friends said. That made me want to punch him the face. I kept my cool and just nodded in response.

"You don't mind sharin do ya, Matt?" He continued. I kept my cool once more and just laughed it off. I kept my eyes on Addy the whole time I spoke to anybody.

Addys POV-

I felt two hands hold my waist from behind. I figured it would be Mattheo so I smiled at his touch. I leaned backwards so my body was up against his and we danced to the music together. The lights were dark green and flashed every few seconds. The music was loud and blocked out people's voices.

I looked down at the hand on my waist and examined it for a moment.I remember Mattheo having a scar on the knuckle of his thumb. This hand didn't.

I widened my eyes immediately and push the figure away. I turned and examined the boy angrily. It was one of Mattheos friends that he was talking to earlier.

"What the hell!?" I said angrily, loud enough for only us to hear.

He reached his hand out and stepped closer. "Oh cmon, we were having fun" He said with a drunken intense grin.

I walk off angrily and looked around for Mattheo while his friend followed me.

"Where's Mattheo?" I turned to him angrily.

I felt a hand sharply pull me towards their direction. "I'm right here princess" Mattheo smiled down at me and held me in his arms.

I looked up at him, anger still in my eyes. His smile immediately faded as he saw my upset expression and he looked at me worriedly. "What happ-" He was about to continue but was cut off by another voice.

"Matt! You guys wanna play truth or dare?" One of his friends yelled from across the room.

Mattheo looked down at me with a reassuring smile and dragged me over to the other people our age. There were only two other girls there and the rest were guys. Mattheo sat down in a black leather chair and pulled me onto his lap. One of the girls gave me a dirty look so I gave her a smug smile.

They went around the circle playing truth a dare and it was finally my turn. "Truth or dare?" One of the boys asked me and I thought for a moment. "Truth" I answered confidently and the boy lifted up a vile of veritiserum. My body tensed slightly but it was just a truth serum. I leaned forward and drank a sip of the foul liquid the leaned back into Mattheos lap.

"Alright" The boy looked at me mischievously with a wide grin. "Is it true-" The jealous girl interrupted him.

"Have you fucked Mattheo yet?" She blurted.

Excuse me..what?

I looked at her with furrowed brows and hatred in my eyes. Mattheos fingers wrapped around my waist securely as she asked that question.

"No" I answered honestly.

"Oh, that's a surprise. When we were together we'd fuck practically every night" She laughed.

She did that on purpose. She wanted me to feel as if she was a threat to me. I let out a cold hearted laugh myself and gripped onto my dress.

"Y'know" I laughed coldly once more. "That doesn't make me feel jealous, nor does it make me feel as if you're a threat to me and my relationship." I continued as I stood up from Mattheos lap and slowly took steps toward the girl. Mattheo stood up as well and stayed close to me in case something happened. "I actually feel pity for you. You see..You were used for his enjoyment and pleasure. A toy. Now me, on the other hand, i'm not being used what so ever. What we have, is a relationship. What you had, was pathetic. You're pathetic." I was inches from her face as the veritiserum mixed with alcohol took over my words.