Chapter 18

Everybody was shocked at my sudden outburst but it felt good to get out of my system.

"Ms. Snape." Minnie said from her desk.

I forgot she was there.

"Detention" we both said at the same time in disappointment.

Angela had a smug little smile on her face which made me want to Avada Kadavra her, but I didn't.

I sat back down in my seat and just stayed quiet the whole time. After all my classes I went back to transfiguration for my detention, and of course. My dad was there.

"Hi dad" I greeted.

"How?" he asked, crossing his arms.

"how what?" I asked.

"How can you not just follow rules for once? Why can't you just be a good kid? it's not that hard to follow a few simple rules! Every day you seem to find a way to disappoint me more and more. Your mother wouldn't be proud." he stated.

I looked down at the ground and my eyes started tearing up at the thought of my mom. Lily.

She died when I was at a very young age so I don't remember her, but it still makes me upset.

"I'm sorry." my voice cracked.

"Sorry doesn't cut it. You're grounded for two months, no magic, no hanging out, no parties, no nothing." he let out and walked off.

Well, this is just great.

The next day~

I couldn't go to any of my classes because my father said no magic, I can't go to the party tonight, I can't hang out with Blaise or Draco, I can't do anything. It's so boring, sitting in my dorm, all alone, doing absolutely nothing.

Someone randomly scrambled through the door.

Tom.

"Hey Tom." I greeted.

"Come on, let's go." he stated.

"Uh, go where?" I asked, genuinely confused.

"Hogsmeade" he spoke up.

"I'm grounded." I explained.

"So? go anyway. If he knows you're with me, he won't care" he said.

"Why wouldn't he care?" I was confused at his words.

"Oh uh right." he mumbled.

"Never mind that, let's go!" he grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the dormitories.

Blaise, Draco, and Mattheo were waiting in the common room.

"Ew, he's coming?" I pointed at Mattheo disgusted.

"Oh yeah, says the one who kissed me" he said annoyed.

"whatever, you taste like cigarettes and alcohol." I let out.

"and you taste like regret and bad decisions." he spat back.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"YOU GUYS KISSED? WHEN WAS THIS?" Blaise yelled.

I forgot they didn't even know.

"Doesn't matter, let's go, I'm craving butter beer." I said and walked off.

They all quickly followed and we made our way to Hogsmeade. We got to the three broomsticks and all ordered a different kind of butterbeer. I got regular, Blaise got frozen, Draco got hot, Mattheo and tom got cold.

Tom kept making funny faces which made me spit out my drink and we both started laughing. Mattheo kept looking at us like he was going to slit our throats with a freshly sharpened knife.

"Got a problem, lover boy?" Blaise asked Mattheo while I and Tom were still laughing so we couldn't hear their conversation.

"What?" he looked at Blaise.

"it's obvious you like her." Draco told him.

"what? no!" he said back to them.

"Mhm" Blaise and Draco hummed in unison and looked at each other.

"I'm being serious!" he reassured them.

Blaise brought his attention back to Mattheo and raised his brows.

"Ok fine, maybe I'm just a little jealous." he mumbled.

Blaise looked satisfied at his words, knowing he was right.

"Try being a little bit nicer to her, show some affection. Treat her right. She'll like you." Draco said.

Mattheo looked at the both of them and then back at me and Tom who had finally stopped laughing. He started thinking of what he could do to make some sort of affectionate action.

"How about we split up and meet back here when we're done at the shops." Mattheo suggested.

We all agreed.

"Great. Blaise and Draco, Me and Addison, and Tom...you can be by yourself" Mattheo spoke up.

"wow ok" Tom scoffed.

We all split up and went to different stores. When I was looking at stuff in the store, Mattheo just stayed behind me watching me the whole time.

"Aren't you going to buy anything" I questioned him.

"no." he answered.

"Can I ask you a question"

"no," he answered.

"Why do you and Tom hate each other so much," I asked.

"And she continues to ask anyway." he announced.

"Why are you being such a jerk. I mean, you always are but you've been a real asshole lately." i stated.

"That's very kind" he said sarcastically.

"And why did -" he cut me off.

"How about, if i buy you anything in the store that you want, you stop asking questions." He suggested.

"I will take that offer."