Chapter 33

"Answer me!" I yelled angrily. My father stomped towards me and grabbed my arm forcefully. He apperated and it made my head spin. I looked around at my surroundings, we were outside of Malfoy Manor. Mattheo quickly apperated as well and walked closer to me.

"You weren't supposed to know." My father brought up.

"Why?! I feel like I should know if we're going to fucking war!" I yanked my arm away from him and continued to yell.

"I was trying to keep you safe!" He yelled back.

"Keeping me safe? keeping, me safe?!" I questioned him angrily. I laughed angrily and ran my fingers through my hair. Mattheo reached for my hand but I put it out of his reach and looked down to the ground. I lift my head up slowly with glossy eyes. I can't let my friends die. I can't. All because of a deatheater war. They're my only happiness. I don't know what i'd do without them. Blaise, Draco...Mattheo. I can't lose my happiness, or i'll lose myself.

"When...?" My voice was slightly shaky as I held back tears. I wasn't one to cry, not in front of people at least.

"June." My father replied with a softer tone.

"ahem" Mattheo cleared his throat and stepped closer. "well...while we're getting things out now, I think you should know that...uhm...we have to get married.."

I stood there silently in shock, my father looked at him like he just said the most diabolical thing ever.

"I thought we were gonna wait to tell her that too!" my father said angrily.

"Oh my Merlin! What else are you guys keeping from me?!" It went silent and they had guilty expressions across their faces.

"I'm sorry, love.." Mattheo looked at me sincerely while my father death stared him.

I stayed silent and waited a moment to speak again. "I'm not fighting along side Voldemort in the war." I let out as calmly as I can. "And Mattheo...why the hell do we need to get married?"

"Tradition. It's some stupid family tradition. Basically, it's sort of the same as when werewolves imprint on someone, in which case I imprinted on you. You are 'The One' so we have to be blood bonded in a wedding ceremony."  He explained.

This sounds like something straight out of a dark romance book you'd find in the back of the library, but in the books it always works out in the end...unless they all die in the end.

I took a deep breath and rubbed my forehead. "And when is the wedding?" I questioned and looked over at him.

"Anytime before the war."

"That only gives us a few months."

"Yeah..."

Merlin, why is life so difficult? I'm getting married as a teenager, I have to go to war, and these cramps are really fuckin killin me right now.

"Ok, we'll get married in april, it's nice out then and and it gives us time to think about it. We go to war two months later and I will kick Voldemorts ass wether you guys fight along side me or not." I let out, surprisingly confidently like I had my whole life figured out already.

"You're taking this surprisingly well." Mattheo raised a brow.

"Yeah well there's no point in wasting my time making a big deal out of it if I don't have too."

The next day~

I wasn't able to get my mind off of things as I sat in the common room with Blaise and Draco, and a few other students doing work or talking. I wonder if they knew this whole time and didn't tell me.

I wish I could stop this whole mess of a world and understand the ruins in the back of a mind filled with tacenda.

I understand why people take flight from bridges.
I understand why a girl holds a blade to her wrist.
I understand why a grown man cries counting his lies.
What I wish for the world to understand is that in these fragile moments, patience and love are needed most.

"You alright?" Blaise questions me while flicking a playing card at me and it hits my temple.

I spin my head his direction and realize I was staring into space again. "Yeah" I answer with a blank expression and look back over to the area I was just looking at a few seconds ago. Except now, the area resided with another body, Mattheo.

I haven't spoke to him since yesterday. Petty, I know. I was too mad at him for keeping something like this from me, and it's not like I can talk to anybody about it either. I have to become one with tacenda and the desire to get rid of it.

(Not a long chapter ik i'm sorry😭 i'm trying to update this story more because y'all want more)