Chapter 40

TW- death (i apologize in advance💀)

"Either you fight with us or we kill you and you're little slut."

I listened in the other side of the room. The voice was different, I hadn't heard it a lot yet it sounded familiar.

"Don't call her that." Mattheo said back. "I'm not fighting with you, but I will not be apart of dumbledores army either. I'll be there for my wife, and I will protect her, no one else. That's my final decision."

"Dear?" Narcissa says softly from down the hall. I jump slitghly and turn to face her, backing away from the door I was just listening through.

She sighed and lowered her head slowly taking steps toward me as the yelling could be heard from the other room. She gently grabbed my hand and I walked with her outside to the garden I had never seen before. She held onto both of my hands as we sat down on the stone bench next to each other in the dim gloomy light outside.

"What's on your mind?" She ran a thumb over my slightly red knuckles.

I looked her in the eyes then down to my hands. "I'm worried...no, scared? I don't know." I groan in response.

She tilts her head like a confused puppy before letting go of my hands and standing up in front of me. "How are you and Mattheo?"

I smile at the thought of him but it quickly fades. "..He's wonderful." I lift a corner of my mouth as i look up at her.

"Why do you hesitate?" She lifts a brow while placing her fingers on a bright red rose a few feet away from the bench I was sitting on.

I took a deep breath before I spoke. "I...I'm just scared for him. For all of us. For the future."

She plucks the rose from the bush, slowly taking off the thorns with her nail. "Do you doubt him?"

"Of course not." I quickly retaliate looking up at her with furrowed brows.

"Are you scared for your safety?"

I take another deep breath. "Of course I am. Shouldn't everybody?"

She shakes her head with a grin. "So you do doubt him."

I furrow my brows once more. "No I never-"

"You said you're scared for safety. Yet, Mattheo will be the one to protect you. If you're scared for your safety then you doubt Mattheos protection."

"Am I supposed to be learning something form this? Cause I don't get it." I look up at her still sitting on the bench. She places the rose in my hands.

"Do you love him?"

"Of course I do."

"Have you ever doubted in your mind that he loves you back?"

"..No, I don't think so"

She smiles one more time before looking back down to the rose in my hand. She sits down next to me. "An organism as precious as a rose needs a stem to keep it alive. It grows into the ground and grows roots for nutrients in the soil. Without it, it starts to wilt." She points out while the beauty of the rose started to fade, making the velvet red turn into brown. "The rose in this case, is the host. A host...needs its roots to survive, so it can survive." She stands up and pushes a strand of hair behind my ear, smiling at me then walking inside.

What..?

The glass shatters around us, one slicing my cheek causing blood to drip slowly down. Screams are heard from all over the main hall as students begin to run away form whatever danger lies ahead. I jump up from my seat and look around for Mattheo but can't find him anywhere.

I glance over at Blaise who glances back at me with a knowing look. I take my wand out of my waistband ready for an attack. The sky begins to shine green and clouds appeared, covering the sun.

"Last chance" Bellatrix chuckles, slowly tip toeing toward me with her wand extended.

"No." my body tenses up at the sight of her.

"Hm..suit yourself" She shrugs her shoulders before launching a spell at me, I try to dodge it but I was too slow, causing me to fly against the brick wall.

Am I dreaming? I have to be. This can't be real...Is it?

MATTHEO POV

I ran as fast as I could across Hogwarts trying to find Addy. My one job was to protect her and I can't even do that right. The war started earlier than I thought it would. I wasn't ready.

"Riddle!" Pansy yells after me as she runs away with the other students in the opposite direction. 

"Where's Addy?" I ask frantically out of breath.

"I thought she would be with you!"

Shit. Shit shit shit.

I run even faster than before, where is she?!

I reach the Great Hall and see her bloody and bruised. She hunched over something with her back toward me. There was no one else in the room, the windows were shattered and it was a complete mess.

I noticed her back jumping quickly up and down as if she were sobbing. I noticed blood all over her hands as she lifted them to wipe her tears.

"Addy?" I ask with a crack in my voice as I jog over to her.

She faces me and I see her blood covered face, blood in her hair, eyes red from the salty tears. I look at what's in front of her and see a lifeless body surrounded with blood.

She looks away from me again, laying her head on the bodies chest as she sobs into it. I get in my knees beside her, letting a few tears fall from my own eyes as I rubbed her back gently.

ADDYS POV

I'm so sorry Blaise...