XVIII

I waited for Phi to finished eating. After chatting for hours, I told him to sleep coz he needed to wake up early tomorrow for his work.

After showering I went downstairs to have my late breakfast. I didn't see my parents so I asked our maid, Aunt Lin, where they are. She said they left early to deal with something. Maybe they went to the company, its still weekdays after all. She said they were in a hurry so they didn't wake me up, and will be home for dinner.

Dinner!? I just got home. What a warm welcome, they said they miss me. I just pouted and took my seat on the dining.

Now what? I want to talk to them but they're not here. Now, I don't know what to do. I can't call Phi coz he's probably sleeping.

Should I visit my school?

My old condo?

How about..

"Ahm Aunt Lin. Do you mind accompanying me to somewhere?"

"Sure. Where exactly, sir?" I just smiled at her. I can't wait.

~~☀️🌻~~

Since my parents are not free, might as well make the  most of my free time. I never had a chance to do this before.

We are currently on our way to province. Waze is the sole guide to our destination.

"No wonder you tag me along." Aunt Lin said. She is already 42 years old. She never had a boyfriend ever. She's so dedicated of helping her family that's why she worked so hard during her early age.

"You know the way there better than me." She laughed.

"How are you coping Aunt Lin? Haven't you felt lonely tending a house without the owner for years?"

My parents bought a house near the company during my college years. We have a company here in Thailand, but dad managed to run it still even without his presence. Maybe his partner is the one handling it here. I actually have no idea about our company or businesses. I just knew dad has a lot and mom is helping him as a loving and supportive wife.

I don't understand why they bought a house, its not like they came with me, its just a waste of money actually. It was also quite a hassle on my side since it was far from my university school, so pops bought a condo near the university for me. I was very grateful because the condo was just a 5 minutes walking distance. And since then, the house was left under Aunt Lin's care.

"It's alright sir. To tell you honestly, during my first few weeks I used to lock myself in my room whenever I feel scared at night." She said and we both laughed at her story.

I badly wanted to know where our old house is so I'm going to find it on my own. Now, we're on our way to ask the person who knows better. A certain person who knows everything.

"We are here." aunt said.

Hoooo.. I released some air and took a deep breathe in. Okay, here we go.

I parked my car just at the street side coz I can't pass through the narrow alley. I let aunt lead the way. It's my first time going to a province and I swear the way these people stare at me is so weird, they are giving me the is-he-a-celebrity look. I just ignore them.

The houses are average style unlike the modern ones you usually saw at the city. Though there are two and 3 storey houses that I bet belongs to those in middle class. There are no tall buildings, no traffic, and definitely none polluted air. Way too far from the crowded city.