XXII

Author's pov

"Our baby Gulfie, soon you will be someone else's baby." Gulf Liann froze. Dazed by the words, heart pounding.

If he didn't know, he would have asked what his mom meant with those words. If not for his Aunt Lucy, he will never know who is she referring to.

They just dropped the news just like that with all guns blazing. Inexplicit filtered context yet plain. Enough to put Gulf Liann Nouvvel into bewildered state.

In other circumstances, and if her mother uttered those words few months ago, he might be mad. This abstruse revelation is truly maddening, for someone whose mind is in a shambles. He, who have been looking for something and seeking for an answer. He who grow up confused and curious about a silhouette that he eventually descried a boy who often visited him on his dreams. The dream who he once thought lucid. The Gulf Liann Nouvvel he knows months ago could not have foreseen what would betide. What if its another guy and not his Phi? What if they never crossed paths? He would loose it. He will never be in peace, his conscience and heart won't allow it.

It is clearly written on stars, now it is easy to read. Readable than those of doctors.

The answer is not far from him. It was only a communication that lacked, keeping him away from the truth. It was like his mind is diverting his attention to the answers for all his grown questions. The answer was a question itself.

A question.

A question he have manifestly failed to ask. The basic and simple way, and it was to ask those are near him who definitely knows better.

His parents.

Its not because he is afraid nor apprehensive to ask. It is something he would do anytime like any normal days. Rather, it was his brain that dominated his rational decision-making that made him so skeptic about it. He who thought would be easier route prolonged his way to his real destination.

He wasn't fond of procrastination during his studies, he was infallible yet impeccable person. It was only this time he failed to apply the basics in life.
The nuts and bolts of his origin, wasn't a math problem that requires and demands a long solution from a simple formula. He could have used all the formulas there is yet he failed to apply the pragmatic method.

He failed to apply it in this stage of his life, just because he was shy. Yes, he was fucking shy. What would his parents say about him looking for a person whom he saw in his dreams. He didn't even know if the boy exist.

Staring at his mother's very eye, he couldn't utter any single word of confession. There is no way his parents knew about him and his Phi. If they do, they would have asked about him, or ask to tag him along the way home. He himself can't understand why he couldn't bring himself to come out now. What's stopping him? They know, everyone knows, except the two of them.

He didn't know what happened but he did manage to escape from the drowning conversation he was in.  He can tell them right away. Believe him, he wanted to... but only with his Phi beside him. Together. He knows he is not prepared for the barrage of questions they will bombard him with. That very moment he just needed to breathe.

~~☀️🌻~~

It was two days after that talk. Surprisingly, His parents gave him time to assimilate the information from that night. He wanted to laugh or even let out a chuckle but he couldn't understand what he feels, do not know what to express. So he gave nothing but silence.

He do, in a way, understand how his parents acted after they talked. They were nervous because they don't know what their child's take on this information. They didn't force him to share what he feels. For now. Gulf knows its also difficult from their part. He bet they practiced what will they say to him about it, but clearly as day the script they memorized failed. Knowing his parents, they don't want him mad at them. They gave everything they needed and wanted all his life, though he wasn't a spoiled child rather grew as a sweet and humble one. An never once in his life he got mad at them.

He haven't talked about it with his Phi too. Mew was always tired to have a long conversation everytime he returned to his hotel room. So he ask him to sleep. He fully understand.

Today ain't different, he just asked him to rest right away through a chat message. He is afraid his P'Mew will get sick, he won't allow it. He isn't there by his side to take care of him. He wanted to ask him to take it easy but he don't want to sound like a meddlesome annoying lo-- he just don't want his P'Mew to find him intrusive.

Grabbing his car key and bag he prepared from his bed earlier, he went out. He is off to somewhere today.

He then hopped into his car cranking the engine as he take a closer look at the address scribbled on a scrap of paper, before he located the place in his gps.

After a while, two hours and so, the car halted. Looking at the gps, shown he arrived at the destination. After parking his car he went out grabbing his things with him.

He is now standing in front of a huge property, with a flint gray painted gate. Now he have one problem. He retrieve the spare key his Aunt Lucy handed him that day. Its a key for the house's door, saying the house is unoccupied, never sold, nor untenanted. He forgot to ask the key for the gates, that.. if she ever have one.

He looked around examining the gate before he went closer to the small door on the right side. He was surprised to see it ajar. Now, he is a bit hesitant whether he will get inside or storm out of the place. What if there are robbers inside the house? Though the residence is clearly unoccupied but its still beautiful. He wonders if his parents hired a care taker, the place is still nice. Far from an abandoned one. Even the grass on the lawn is clean.

Taking a deep breath in, he entered as he walk consciously towards the house, yards away from the gate. He had a sense of familiarity from the sight in front of him. A sweet curve formed on his lips as he hark back to how he run around the yards back then. His heart is pounding crazy with the reminiscence.

He is now standing in front of the main door. Inserting the key, he turned it sideways till it completely opened. Once inside, he looked around only to froze on his feet.