XXIV

Author's pov

Gulf is just gazing at Mew the whole time in pure adoration. So smitten by his Phi, he can't take his eyes off of him. Mew ain't dense, he can sense it. In fact he loved the attention Gulf is giving him. In his peripheral vision, he can see his Gulfie standing on the side with his arms crossed. He can't stop smiling at his cuteness. "Why is my baby so focused? Are you perhaps having your lunch in advance?" After placing the guitar inside the bag, Mew went to Gulf and immediately pulled the younger's waist.

"huh?" Gulf asked absentmindedly. His sole focus is on Mew's lips.

"Just tell me. I can give my boyfriend the best meal he ever had in his entire life." Mew is holding his laughter seeing how his boyfriend turns red.

Gulf is cursing himself in his mind. "What the hell are you talking about?" He just escaped the topic and asked to roam around the house which Mew gladly obliged. It was two decades ago since he last stepped here. He kinda missed it. He thought he will be lonely going here alone, remembering bits of the past but he is so happy his Phi is here with him. The boy that was so dear to him is now his boyfriend. The boy from his dreams is now the man he loves till their future. "Why are you smiling for baby? I hope its about me." Gulf just shook his head and smiled at him.

From the living room, to the kitchen, and balcony, hands intertwined they wander all around the first floor without being lost and confused. They still know the house like the back of their hands. Having the sense of familiarity of how they run around as a child. They sure know where to go. The house didn't change at all, even the furniture are still the old one. The two professionals roamed their eyes with ideas and plans playing at the back of their playful mind. Visible to their eyes, its no doubt the house needed a major renovation.

Gulf wanted to go and take a look at the garden as he remembered Aunt Lucy said they use to have picnic their but Mew ask if they could do it later and take a look at the rooms upstairs. Gulf felt the heat crawling his neck up to his face. Just what exactly his boyfriend is thinking right now?

As they took a steps up the stairs comes with the loud beating of Gulfs heart. Mew felt his boyfriends uneasiness by the way Gulf tighten his grip from their interlaced hands. "Baby, you okay?" Mew stopped walking. They barely even made it half the stairs and Gulf here feels like running out of the house.

"Shall we go back? Are you tired?" Mew asked. Gulf can see his Phis worried look so he gather all his strength and encouraged Mew to proceed upstairs. Seeing his Gulfie smiling again assuring him everything is alright, they continued walking and they checked the entire floor. They took time admiring the view from the terrace before Gulf ask Mew to check is old bedroom. The last room from the stairs left side, there was Gulfs old room. He was excited, his heart is beating fast. He took Mew's hands intertwining them before he opened the room. Mew smiled at the gesture. He appreciated how much Gulf made him feel that he wanted to be with him as they reminisce and track down the memory lane inside the house.

Gulf broke into tears looking at the sight. His bedroom never changed, it was actually clean and tidy. Some of his things they left behind decades ago are still on its place like it never been moved. Like the room was never abandoned at all. Of course he knows who is the person behind the deeds. He pulled his Phi into a tight hug as he sobbed on the depth of Mews neck. "I'm sorry. I- I'm so sorry. How are you coping all those years?" Gulf can't imagine how sad his Phi when they left.

Looking at Gulf's state, Mew pulled Gulf and let him sit on his bed. He was about to leave when Gulf held the hem of his shirt asking where is he going. Gulf let him go when he explained he'll just get water downstairs. Going back, Mew saw Gulf curled up on the bed still sobbing.

He then sat beside the bed and handed Gulf the water. Looking at his Phi, he sat and crawled towards Mew, hugging his Phi as he sat on his lap. He then took the water and gulped it empty. Mew smiled and took the glass and placed it on bedside table. Facing his baby, he cupped his face and brush the tears flowing from his precious eyes.

"Baby look.. There is nothing to be sorry for. I admit I was so angry and confuse as to why you have to leave. An eight year old boy can't fully understand the situation we were in. I couldn't take the information first as I thought you don't want me anymore. I was losing myself without you, till mom assured and promised me you will be back. She said you just left because that time your grandparents needed you. So I waited."

"Are you always coming here while waiting?" Gulf asked innocently cute. Mew smiled at him nodding his head.

"I did.." Mew chuckled. "Mom and Dad didn't know I am always here every friday. Its my schedule to visit you here a-and wait hehe."

"I'm sorry." Gulf said showing his wet puppy eyes.

"Shh. Its okay. You are here now, so I'm okay. More than alright, now that you are my boyfriend."

"Thank you for waiting. Also, thank you for coming here. I was actually nervous about coming here. With the opened gates I was this close of retreating. Who knows there might be robbers inside. Turns out there really is, but it was my heart that was robbed."

Mew smiled liked an idiot at Gulfs remark. His heart is swelling with the love he has for Gulf.

"You kind of helped me pull this surprise off successfully by not calling me this morning as usual." Mew thank the universe he got to focus on making it perfect. He was nervous the entire flight last night. What if Gulf suddenly called and demanded a video call and watch him eat like he always asks? What if Gulf suddenly called in the middle of his flight? He knows he got the younger worried when he said that he was sick. Though it was half-true since he really suffered from headaches cause of a lack of sleep. All the sleepless nights he spent planning for this surprise. All the worries and nervousness he felt paid off just by the smile and tears of much joy from his Gulfie's eyes. It was all worth it.

"Can we stay here tonight Phi?" Gulf suggested.

"Anything my boyfriend wants." Both can't hide the happiness they felt calling the other by the title. They somehow forget all the pain they went through feeling the emptiness growing up. Letting the tiredness take all of their energy from crying, Mew guided Gulf to lay on the bed and hugged him closer. Gulf lay his head on Mews chest hugging his waist. Both slept in each others arms, basking to the completeness they feel as of the moment..., a tear escaped on Mews eyes as he succumbed to dreamland.