17

Trigger warning;
Mentions of SA|Rape.
Drugs.

The loud music echoed throughout the house, the scent of sweat, smoke and liquor hitting Leo like a ton of bricks, completely captivating his senses.

He cautiously pushed through the crowds of sweaty teens, curling his body into himself in a way to make him smaller, he couldn't handle the touch of another, not right now.

Not ever.

Making a bee-line for the kitchen, Leo set his sights on the array of alcohol bottles scattered across the worktop. Tequila, whiskey, vodka—

Grabbing the vodka, Leo poured the clear liquid into a plastic cup, filling it to the brim without so much as a splash of mixer. He needed something, anything to dull this never-ending ache in his chest, dull the thoughts, the whispers, all of it.

Chugging the contents of the cup, he coughed and spluttered as the mildly bitter liquor burned his throat. The sensation didn't put Leo off, not at all, he continued on pouring cup after cup.

Two cups, three cups, four cups, five cups...

As he shakily went to pour his sixth cup of straight vodka, an all-to-familiar voice reached his ears, causing his breath to hitch in his throat and his grip on the vodka to slip, sending the near-empty bottle to the ground, shattering it completely as it hit the tiles.

"Leo, hey! You okay?"

Lifting his gaze from the glass surrounding his feet, Leo's eyes locked to a vibrant blue pair. "Brody," he slurred, staring at Marco's best friend in apprehension.

"You okay?" Brody asked concerned. "C'mon," he held out a hand to Leo. "Step over the glass, I'll shout for someone to find a shovel."

"I-I can manage." Leo stammered, staring at the outstretched hand in fear. Brody had never done anything to hurt him, but Leo simply couldn't handle such closeness.

You're pathetic.

"Okay," Brody held his hands up in surrender. "You coming for a smoke? I've got stuff."

"Yes." Leo said quickly with no hesitation, the alcohol had done nothing bar impair his vision, he needed something stronger. "I'm coming."

Brody led Leo to a small balcony at the edge of Atlas' parents bedroom. It had taken them close to fifteen minutes to reach the top of the staircase due to Leo's drunken stumbling and his lack of acceptance to Brody's help.

"Jesus Le! You're fucking wasted." Brody let out a soft chuckle, pulling one of the outdoor chairs towards Leo, "Sit down," he said, nodding his head towards said seat. "You sure you want some? I think you've maybe had enough." He commented, taking the spare seat to Leo's left.

"Please Brody, I need it." Leo all but begged, his words all muddling together, making it harder for Brody to understand him.

"I don't know." Brody frowned, pulling the joint from his pocket, plus a small bag of multicoloured pills. He stared at Leo, his eyes roaming over his face with a hint of worry. "I'm not your dad or anything amigo, so I can't exactly tell you what to do... but I don't think Marc would be happy if you became an addict."

"Marc won't care." Leo resisted the urge to roll his eyes. He made me this way.

Body scoffed lightly, brining the now-lit joint to his lips, "He's your boyfriend Leo, of course he'll care."

Brody assumed he was Marco's boyfriend, all thanks to the devil himself. Leo debated with himself whether or not to tell Brody the truth, though he didn't think the blue eyed boy would believe him.