Chapter 10: The Party

[Jungkook]

.

.

OMG!!! I couldn't wait for everyone to know that Jimin and I were dating. Even though I was disappointed about keeping our secret, I was happy that Jimin's plan was working. If it's one thing my lover could do was keep a secret. We went about a few weeks doing our normal everyday activities, studying together, grocery and mall shopping, exercising together, going out, dinners etc. It was just like our pre-waterfall days. However, Jimin added a few things to it.

.

1. Jimin laughed more. But not a fake laugh though. He naturally laughed and I encouraged him in his jokes by laughing back and making jokes too.

2. Jimin smiled more. No fake smiles either. Natural genuine smiles of love. I saw those sparkles in his eyes whenever he smiled at me.

3. Jimin touched me more. But not sexual touches. Just simple little bits of contact that lingered a little longer than before. His hand on my arm, his arm around my shoulder and a little rub along my back or ruffle of my hair. But what I loved the most were the piggy-back rides. If we were going to the carpark or the cafeteria for lunch, Jimin would jump on my back and I would carry him to our destination.

.

The only thing we didn't do was hold hands, hug or kiss. We kept our PDA at a sort of G/PG rating. Nothing 18+ at least, not yet... We made sure to not even sneak and do anything. We couldn't chance anyone seeing us and outing us before we did. So we kept our lovemaking inside Jimin's apartment. Our little private alcove.

.

However, in public, we definitely caught the eyes and attention of the many-many people around us. Students who didn't know us and of course the ones we knew. Amanda and Molly's stares were glued to us. Their eyes were red as the fires in hell themselves. Whenever Jimin and I would sit for lunch, we would sit opposite each other on the table. I loved looking directly at him and he felt the same way too. But I would also feel our friends' glares eating at our interactions. One day Tae came up to us.

.

"Hey guys, can I join you?" But he didn't even wait for an answer. Typical. He squeezed himself next to Jimin but he looked straight at me.

.

"So Jimin, how have things been? You haven't called me or replied to my messages in a while. What's up with that?"

.

He was speaking to Jimin, but his eyes never left mine. Challenge accepted, Kim Taehyung. I was no longer the shy doofus following Jimin around. I was now his boyfriend, his companion, his mate. But Tae didn't know that.

.

"Taehyung, you've been calling me and texting me about going to frat parties. You do know that mid-terms are around the corner. We have things to do other than party every night."

.

"Is that so? So studying is the reason why you haven't been spending more time with your friends? And not that somebody else is taking up all your time instead... like Jeon here?"

.

Jimin looked up at the two of us and saw and felt the killer energy that was raging between us. "Okay, calm down boys," and he touched both of our hands. Feeling Jimin's hand on mine immediately took me out of the evil staring contest. Tae obviously won but I didn't mind. Jimin was my lifeline.

.

"Tae," he said calmly, "You need to relax."

.

"How can I relax when this guy here is taking you away from me?"