Chapter 49: Our Mothers

[Jimin]

.

.

Our current situation: We were all at the hospital where the doctor who attended to Jane was now a resident here. He was willing to help us but doctor/client privileges were still a limitation even with Jane's death so we appreciated every little bit of info we could've gotten.

.

"Ah... Yes, I remember that situation well. It was my first case as a qualified doctor. I had just taken residency but then my mom got sick so I asked if I could move to be closer to her. That's why I moved. I'm sorry, we're not supposed to talk about our clients even in their death. Sigh. The most I can tell you is that, I still do work with the couple who adopted your niece's baby. They started a foundation for families who lost their children/babies. It's to help them financially and emotionally to be able to cope and decide if they want to adopt. It also helps young girls to make better decisions about their pregnancy. They really felt sad for Jane."

.

"That's really nice but do you think they will want to help us as we're connected to them personally?" I asked hoping that they would.

.

"I don't know but I will call them and talk with them. Mrs. K is more approachable than her husband so I'll talk with her and hear what she says."

.

We were so grateful to Dr. Chang. He was accommodating especially when he said that Aunt Roo reminded him of his deceased mom. We came to the hospital filled with hope and we got our consolation. He came back quickly to tell us that Mrs. K was willing to talk with us so he arranged for us to meet her.

.

He told us, "She was coming here today in any case because of the foundation so she'll listen to you."

.

Aunt Roo was really thankful, "Thank you so much. Did you say your family is from China?"

.

I looked in awe as the doctor and Aunt Roo began to converse in Chinese. 

.

Jungkook came up to me and hugged me from behind, "How are you feeling?" He asked as he kissed my neck.

.

I wanted to giggle because he was mad jealous the last time when the nurse from the other hospital was flirting with me so I guess now he was stating his claim to me. "I'm good. Thankfully the doctor is smitten with Aunt Roo and not me."

.

His arms tightened a bit, "Hmm I wasn't even thinking that but yes, I'm thankful for that too." His voice was strangely hoarse.

.

I turned to look at his face and my insides melted. Jungkook was looking as though he was hurt, "What were you referring to when you asked how I was feeling?"

.

His hold got gentler as he whispered, "I... I..."

.

I turned around to face him and his head was still down. All I could do was comfort him, "Aww, baby. What's wrong?" I stroke the top of his head and he looked up at me with those sweet teary puppy-dog eyes of his.

.

"Jimin, I'm sorry that I can't control myself around you. It's like you're my drug or something. I'm addicted to you and your love. I want you all the time. I'm so selfish... I'm sorry."