Chapter 51: I Love You!

[Jimin]

.

"Ninety... Ninety-one...Puff-puff... Ninety two...Ahh..."

.

Ahhhh! What music to my ears and such a sight to behold. I couldn't help but think when I sat down to watch my Jungkookie exercise. Sigh... This is what contentment feels like. It had been ten months since we found out about Jane's death. Delia was charged with her murder and was currently doing time. Aunt Roo was back in her home in South Korea but she made a few visits before she left. Through my dad's help, we were able to go to Jane's grave and paid our respects.

.

"You can rest now, my Janie. And I'll keep in touch with your son and let him know how much you love him and that he's always welcomed home."

.

She also visited, you would not believe, Delia. Aunt Roo wanted to face her niece's killer and when we all thought that she would break down and cry, the elderly lady spoke with such care but authority.

.

"I know you didn't kill her intentionally but because of the heat of the moment. Jane admired you and I know somewhere deep down in your heart, you'll learn to accept that love and maybe one day forgive yourself for what you have done."

.

Wow! This woman was so admirable. When she met my father and Sangi they all hit it off so well. Sangi and Roo both spoke in Korean and helped make Korean dishes for us. Aunt Roo was so pleased and thanked us before she left to go back to South Korea.

.

"Make sure to invite me to your wedding. Even if you need one person to witness it, I'll be right there. Thank you for everything..."

.

We embraced and then she left with Dae. He too was thankful and was finally able to move on himself. We kept in contact with Aunt Roo via emails and video calls and one month after returning to South Korea, she told us that Dae got married and was expecting a baby.

.

"A boy, he said. Seems as though Tae's going to be a big brother soon."

.

Even Tae and Dae's relationship blossomed. Both father and son, along with Aunt Roo, kept in contact and when the baby was born, Tae and Mei both flew across the skies to be with him. The pictures were adorable. Tae sent me a few photos of him holding his new baby brother. He wrote, 'Don't I look good?'

.

I messaged him back, "Very good. I'm happy for you, Tae."

.

He sent me back a smiley emoji and other pictures. I remembered the naughty pics he used to send me and I was thankful that that part of his life was over and now he was finally in the right place with the right people. He sent pictures of him with Dae and Aunt Roo who was just so happy to be accepted as part of the family. Then Tae sent another picture. It was of him, Mei and his baby brother. They really looked like a lovely couple and anyone seeing this would think they were holding their own child. I was so happy for them and the photo made me see a little into their future: Tae holding his newborn while Mei sat on the hospital bed smiling at her new family. In the years to come, that image did come true as Tae and Mei did marry and had four wonderful children: three boys and a girl. They named the girl, Jane, after her Grandmother. Beautiful.

.

Right now I was watching my Jungkookie keep in shape. Our lives were truly a blessing and in a few weeks, I was going to have my final surgery. Jungkook came up to me and took my hands, "Hey..." I gasped not really wanting to move from my view of his gorgeous body.