Chapter 16: The Journey Now Start

WARNING (Mature Readers Only): Contains Some Sexual Content and Obscene Language.

.

[Jimin]

.

I felt a whole lot better leaving. We made a promise, a blood promise, to each other. We made love and then some and he gave me our treasure to remember him by. I took the top down from my car and drove to my father's house in glee. I was never so happy at saying goodbye before and it actually felt good. It was like Jungkook gave me his blessing to do what I had to do and to let me know that he would be alright too. I called my dad to let him know I was coming and just like the forgiving father, he was waiting for me by the entrance of his home.

.

He still lived in the bungalow in the studio. He had also moved on now and remarried last year to a wonderful woman from his native hometown in Seoul. Sang-Hee, whose name literally meant 'pleasant one', was a neighbour to my grandparents in South Korea. She heard the stories of my dad's life in the US from them and she would joke and say she loved my handsome dad before even meeting him. She was funny too. She had been very young when she became a widow and was in her 40's when she became an orphan. So after her parents died, she had bought a house next to my grandparents. Sang-Hee loved them and would cook food for them on a regular basis. She said they reminded her of her parents.

.

Sang-Hee was ten years younger than my dad and at age 19 she married her first husband. It was an arranged marriage. Her parents were elderly people and thought that by getting her married, she would be taken care of when they passed. However one year after their wedding, Sang-Hee's husband died in a car crash. They didn't have any children so she had moved back to her family's home. She refused to be 'set-up' with anyone again stating that she wanted to marry for love the next time. And that she did but only years after. About five years after moving back in with her elderly parents, they became sick, so she dedicated her life to take care of them. When they eventually died, Sang-Hee sold their home and moved to get a new look on life. She was in her early 40's and had given up on finding love. So when she met my grandparents she said she fell in love with them as they reminded her of her parents when they were healthy and active.

.

My grandparents had a wonderful housekeeper but Sang-Hee would also help her out as she loved taking care of them. She would cook for them and take them on walks too and if the housekeeper was ill or had an emergency, she would immediately take over. Dad instantly fell in love with her when they met online. Sangi, my dad's pet name for her, had bought my grandparents a laptop so that they could communicate with dad. He immediately saw the happiness and love in his parents' eyes and knew they were being treated well. He was thankful that their pretty neighbour was genuine, generous and kind and that she could also cook a really good Korean meal. So eventually he flew up to personally meet her and they both knew it was love.

.

After about six months of courting, we all flew to South Korea for their wedding. It was simple and nice. Jungkook loved meeting my grandparents and even helped my grand-pappy to fix some of the broken shelves in their house. They both loved him and also welcomed him to our family. Dad was happy and so were Jin-Woo and I. My brother decided to focus on his accounting career and said he didn't have time to date, much less to get married or have kids on his own. He had moved out from dad's place after dad got married to Sangi. He wanted her to live with him in the US but she didn't want to move away from my grandparents who insisted that they weren't leaving their Korean home. So dad hired an additional housekeeper to stay with them to off-set the load. They also made at least four trips every year to Korea to be with them especially for holidays or family celebrations.