Chapter 34: Don't Cry For Me

[Taehyung]

.

.

I know... I know... Things don't look too good where I stand eh. You ever heard the term: 'Spoilt rich-kid who gets whatever he wants'? Well, if you're thinking that about me, then you'd be right. So fucking right but I wish I could give it all away just to get back the love, trust and friendship I had with my best friend. Park Jimin. God! I messed things up so badly and now when I thought I had my life turned around, it still looked doubtful and this pained me more than you could imagine.

.

My life was like a dream. I grew up with servants, cooks, tutors and everything I wanted was right at my fingertips. I was never a child who boasted about what I had or looked down on anyone who was poorer than me but I knew I had a lot of enemies and persons who were jealous of my family and our wealth. I couldn't help the fact that I had it all while some had nothing. My parents were very generous people and would give scholarships to students who aced their academics but didn't have the money to further their studies. I was their spokesperson for all their campaigns. I'm a gorgeous guy and people responded to not only my wealth and connections but also to my beauty. I was humble about it at first but then a few people started following me on my social media accounts... Alright so it was an extremely large following and maybe that went to my head. I liked the attention. Being an only child it can get a bit lonely sometimes... ALRIGHT!!!! It got lonely a lot... OKAY!!! But that's when my parents thought that having a playmate would help me. So they introduced me to Travis Lawrence Palmer Jr.

.

Sheesh! That guy was totally disgusting. Deep down I felt I hated him but my hate caused me more damage than love ever could. Travis lived just like me: wealthy and spoilt but he flaunted it wherever and whenever he could. He always looked down on the lowly and would even deny some of his servants their free-time with his frequent tantrums. The Palmers were actually one of our influential neighbours. Mr. Palmer Snr. was very affluent not just in his business but also in investing into other small businesses all over Korea. His empire was as far as the East/Japan Sea, East/China Sea all the way to the Yellow Sea. My dad quickly became friends with him and learnt the ropes in the hotel and casino industries.

.

Unfortunately my dad got a little too much into the gambling part of it and my mother had to intervene so we wouldn't lose all of our money from my dad's addiction. He got help and is getting better now. That's why we only focus on the hotel franchise now. It's not bad. I mean, we don't make a bitch-load of money as before but with what we went through with my dad's addiction, my mother took over the accounts and made sure that he wouldn't be tempted again. My mom's a sweetheart: A 'Gentle Beast' as I often refer to her as. When she realised that my dad's gambling was taking him over, she immediately called a family meeting. I will never forget the way she had calmly talked to him.

.

Mom: You say you love me and our family but you keep doing this to us. Honestly, we can take it but what we can't bear to see is you spiraling downwards. We love you very much and that's why we had to have this intervention. We want you to get better. Don't be afraid or ashamed. We're all in in together and we can overcome this addiction.

.

My dad cried that day. He finally admitted to his abuse and agreed to my mother's suggestions. My mother's a strong individual. She's smart, wonderful and doesn't have a bad bone in her body. The only thing though, when she got angry not even The Incredible Hulk could match her. She grew up wealthy too unlike my dad who was a waiter in his early years. They met at her coming of age party when one of the haughty guests who was one of her suitors tried to embarrass my dad by purposely throwing down things for him to clean up. My dad was always a looker and when my mother began blushing whenever he came around, her very rich suitors didn't like it at all. When my mother realised what the guys were doing she literally put her foot down and mashed the life out of the guy's expensive Gucci Oxfords. My mom always laughs at that part whenever she regales us with their romantic stories.