Chapter 18: Surprises

[Jimin]

.

.

"Taehyung. It's nice of you to meet me," I said as I greeted him with a smile and a hug.

.

"Jimin. I did say I would meet you. It was nice of you to remember me with your busy schedule," he said as he fixed the rings on his hand. Tae loved jewellery as much as he loved women.

.

I did stick with my plans for the morning: beach and shopping so after I went back to the hotel and changed for lunch and Hannah's party. I met Tae at a little bistro he selected. Another franchise of his dad's. They were really spreading their businesses thin and I hoped that they were organising their finances well. Sometimes in the quest for profits and wealth, people could get greedy and ending up losing everything. Or marry someone who would take everything you took your whole life to accomplish. Hannah was a unique individual. Not everyone would want their estranged spouse to be rewarded so handsomely even with a pre-nup.

.

I thought of Jungkook. We wouldn't even think of doing something like a pre-nup. Whatever I had was his and whatever he had was mine. We both gave to each other and took from each other. Separation is not something I would even consider but then here I was, in another state, trying to find a way to extend my family. If you had asked me last week, what I had planned for today, I would've never said what I'm doing now. Planning is good especially when you have a wonderful and loving partner. And that I have. I love my Jungkookie. Love him with a passion and couldn't wait for later for our video chat. That was all I could think about even as Tae and I were eating our lunch together.

.

While we were dining, I noticed that Tae was looking a bit fidgety but I didn't think much of it. He answered a few business calls on his phone and then asked me about my plans for the evening and I happened to mention Hannah's little get-together. And just like that, Tae invited himself to the party. Figures! That's exactly the kind of person he was and apparently still is. Sheesh. Then I thought, he would definitely be better at distracting the ladies than I would. I liked the idea of Tae coming even more now. HA! Yet even with those plans for tonight, after our meal was over and it was almost time for Al to pick me up, I was only thinking of my Jungkookie. It was only when Tae mentioned his name that I perked up.

.

"What did you say? Sorry I was checking something on my phone," I lied. God, this was becoming a bad habit especially when I was around Tae.

.

Then he said something that puzzled me, "With Jungkook here, would you prefer I take you both out to the club instead? It might be more of our style."

.

I blinked my eyes and sighed, "Jungkook? No he isn't here. He's got work. He couldn't make the trip with me."

.

"Oh really. Well then who registered at the hotel a few minutes ago?"

.

"Hmm. No. It's probably someone else. Not my..." but he didn't let me finish.

.

"A 'Jeon Jungkook' was just asked to be put into Suite #13. Isn't that your room number?"

.

I shook my head. "No... I mean Yes! That is my room number. But that can't be true."

.

And then the bastard showed me a black and white picture of what very much looked like my Jungkook at the counter of the hotel. How the hell did Tae get this footage so quickly? I looked at it carefully. NO! THIS CAN'T BE TRUE. WHAT THE HELL WAS JUNGKOOK DOING HERE?