Coming to the light

Aries layed in the bed alone her head swirling. As ja sat on the floor outside their bedroom door after begging for her to open the door a million times.

"Baby please hear me out." Ja begged.

"Am listening." She repeated.

"Open the door." Ja begged.

"So you can come in and lie to me again." Aries clapped back.

"I wanted to tell you baby but I didn't know how to." Ja confessed. Aries stayed silent.

"His mom never told me about his existence until 4 months after ri." Ja continued.

"Mayne I doubted that shit until pops made me take a DNA test. He was mines and I was shocked, at first I wanted nothing to do with the baby. I would just give his mama the money for him and that's it." Ja said rubbing his hand over his head.

"Baby,I hid all this shit because I didn't want to hurt you. All I wanted to is to do right by you ong. It hurt me that in a moment I couldn't be there for you because of my anger, I was there to fuck another bitch. That's the shit that ate me up baby." He confessed his voice cracking.

Aries felt tears forming in her eye as ja explained to her. She was angry inside but she couldn't bring herself to lash out. She felt too much sincerity in ja's confession how much he spoke about fighting to not be caught up with the child for the sake that he loved her.

"When raysia was dragging you through the mud. I thought about one upping you out of spite but baby I loved you too much mayne my conscious mind couldn't let me." Ja added listening to aries small footsteps drawing nearer to the door.

Aries opened the door and ja got on his knees hugging her waist.

"If you don't want to marry me anymore that's cool but baby please, please am begging you please don't give up on us." Ja pleaded.

                                ¥

Aries watched ja sleep in their bed. How could she allow this one man to hurt her so much and yet she can't bring herself to leave him. She played cat and mouse with countless men,hurting them and their wives for the married men she slept with.

"This is my karma." She sighed out.

Slipping off the bed she walked to the bathroom. Watching her reflection in the mirror. She wanted to break down but she couldn't. So she sat on the toilet figuring out how she was going to handle it all.

After getting herself together she lifted Xavier up off his bed holding him in her arms rocking him side to side. Something she did often when she was unsure of her existence the child acting as her reason to live.

Knowing that ja gave her the child,was another reason why she couldn't bring herself to hate or move on without the man. Ja made her feel warmth in places she never felt it, he kept her on a high whenever he was around and she felt that way with or for no one else, the indication that the man was her other half.

Aries heard loud hustling feet rushing down the hallway. Ja appeared at the door way a frighten look on his face,her face settling as he caught sight of her holding Xavier.

"You thought I was gone?" She asked him forcing a smile. Watching as he nodded.

Placing Xavier back down she walked to where ja stood at the entrance. Looking up at him.

"We don't need a therapist to talk through this again. We are grown, let's talk like adults who are going to get married in a month." Aries told him.

"Good" He said sighing that she still wanted to marry him.

They both walked to their room. Sitting on the edge of the bed together.

"Am all ears." She told him.

"I met shawty as I told you when we were on a break because of my anger. She was staying in the building I was staying at,we talked a night in the parking lot after she saw me having a episode. I fucked her to get my mind clear and for a week i did that back to back to fill my void. You and I got back together,I forgot about her until she hit me up bout her having my child. After our other break from eachother I did a dna confirm that he was mines. I grew closer to the kid but I still kept my distance until she began bugging me to be in Cairo life fully. So i been trying to balance all that shit trying not to fuck up our family." Ja confessed.

"So it's a baby boy?" Aries asked him.ja nodded.

"You ever had sex with her after that week the baby was conceived?" Aries questioned.

"Hell no and she's against it due to her being a Christian and all." Ja informed her. Aries nodded understanding.

"You always love em good girls. Huh?" Aries laughed to lighten the mood.

"Nah, I only love you." He turn to her saying, aries pecked his lips. Hugging him as the two rocked side to side.