It's A Date Then!

Arriving at the bridge between the wilderness and Liyue Harbor the two shook their hands, entering a contract for their future. Once the two shook their hands a slight golden glow engulfed their hands, the glow resembling Zhongli's eye colour. Reacting to his companions surprise Zhongli told him that this contract is now burned into his mind just like every other contract he ever made.

Once the contract was fully engraved within Zhongli's memories the two separated again. Walking further Zhongli stops the two on the middle of the bridge, turning towards Y/n once more.

Zhongli: " Before we enter the harbor again I must confess something. A mistake of sorts, an apology and a request." He stated with a grim look on his face. Continuing once he realized his friend was listening attentively to his every word.

Zhongli: "Back when we first met I felt drawn towards your presence, it reminded me of a person I held very dear back then, it was one of the major reasons why I insisted on following you. I projected her onto you and wanted to witness 'her' presence for as long as possible, like back then my heart felt drawn to this presence. Only towards the end of your training with Shenhe did I realize my mistake and a realization hit me. As I saw you returning dirty and hurt every evening my heart would always burn in agony, or back then when you demonstrated your elemental skill I felt my heart burn up when I got closer to you, it was then that I realized I wasn't drawn to 'her' presence, it was just an excuse to avoid the plain obvious."The archon confessed, refusing to meet the gaze of his friend.

Y/n: "Whoa..I had no idea you felt that way, you always seem like the calm and collected type of person. But cheer up will you, I also enjoyed your company up there. Now you said you had a request?" The cryo user questioned, unaware of the obvious answer. As a response Zhongli once more met his gaze before stating the obvious.

Zhongli: "I wish to court you." He state with a serious expression that melted into a kind smile that made the smaller male's heart jump.

Y/n: "EH?!" Was all he could utter before turning a bright shade of red, one could practically see the steam coming out of his head.

The simple question from Zhongli seemed to have send his mind crashing as the shorter male was now unable to form any kind of coherent sentence without a stutter. Despite his best efforts he just stood there frozen, unable to answer yet as he noticed Zhongli's smile turn slowly into a frown he performed the only logical answer he knew of.

He sucker punched Zhongli straight in the stomach.

Zhongli: "Oof" was all one could hear as the taller male bend forwards to hold his now aching stomach.

Meanwhile Y/n gathered all the courage he could muster before he gripped Zhongli by the collar of his fancy brown clothes and pulled the man in for a short kiss.

Y/n: "How am I supposed to answer with a kiss if your so tall" He whispered into the consultants ear after parting from the kiss, leaving Zhongli blushing from the feeling of a hot breath near his ear.

Y/n: 'I only punched him once but damn he got hard abs, I'm kinda jealous now' was what the male was actually thinking at the moment.

Even tho' he was fumbling over his word just a few second ago the cryo wielding man was now taking pleasure in watching a blushing Zhongli trying and failing to compose himself.

Y/n: "I'd love to go on a date some time soon, how about we wait until after the Rite of Descension, would that be okay for you? Seeing as you should be busy with preparing yourself as well right? I doubt you've been winging it for the past years." 

Zhongli: "Of course I don't mind after all you should be especially busy after being gone for a week, as for the Rite of Descension....let's just say I've prepared everything necessary already. I'll make sure to visit you next week to talk about the exact time of our date, would that be alright for you? Or would you rather have me meet you in private?" He asked, finally breaking out of his embarrassment.

Y/n: "Pfft, naaa. I wanna be able to show my sister how hot my boyfriend is. Also spares me the whole coming out thing, not that it really matters to her anyway. So I guess we'll see each other next week?"

Zhongli: "Indeed we shall. Now I guess this is where we separate, I would've asked to come with you inside for a cup of tea, however judging by the figure in the window I doubt we would have time to talk in peace." He pointed out, gesturing to a certain blue haired cook who was pretty much pressing her face into the glass to watch the two.

As a response Y/n was only able to let out a sigh of disappointment before Zhongli bid his farewell for the night.

Zhongli: "We'll see each other soon, until then rest well my little lapis." He whispered while giving Y/n a good night kiss on the forehead, now it was said males turn to blush from embarrassment. 

Y/n was only able respond in a quiet fashion while watching Zhongli slowly vanish into the night. Once he walked closer to the door he had to jump back to avoid said door that was flung open by Xiangling who grabbed him and dragged him inside before he could even mutter a hello. Before he knew Xiangling had thrown him onto a couch and was now staring him down.

Xiangling:"Since when? Is he nice!? You didn't even ask for my approval! Anyway how was it?! Tell me EVERYTHING!" She bombarded him with those questions before Y/n knew what was happening.

Y/n: "Slow down Xiangling, let me get home first." He told her slowly sitting upright on the couch.

Y/n: "Now I guess I should start from the very beginning..."

As he started sharing the story of his past week Xiangling listened attentively and somewhere during his story telling Guoba decided to pop up and sit on Y/n's lap, who in return hugged the bear closer to ensure he didn't fall off. At some parts he had to stop for a second to 'recall the exact event' but that was just an excuse to cover up the many, many hints that his now                      ?Boyfriend? Zhongli was the almighty Rex Lapis.

Xiangling: "So you're telling me that a literal crane taught you the basics of wielding your cryo vision and after that you were trained by an her apprentice and a Yaksha?! That is.....SO COOL! I wish I could've seen you!" She exclaimed with stars in her eyes as she sat on the ground 'criss-cross style' (Is that how you call it?)

Xiangling: "Anyway during your absence I kinda stayed in your house for two- no three reasons! First I wanted to make sure your plants don't die, tho I was too late for some of them, second was because I needed a break from my dad's nagging and third because your sister started showing up at my house asking where you were because apparently she doesn't know where you live. I hope you don't mind."

Y/n: "Nonsense it's alright and yeah my sister never asked where I moved to when I left our parents home. I guess I have to go back to work tomorrow. *sigh* If so then I better go to sleep now and you miss 'I don't need sleep' are going to bed as well." He told Xiangling over his shoulder while slowly wandering up the stairs to his room where he promptly dropped onto his bed and fell asleep, not noticing a pair of amber eyes following his movements before they vanished into thin air as he fell asleep.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/n

O my god guys I did it! Not only did I update the story over the trash WiFi from this place, but I also didn't upload in the middle of the night :)

Anyways how was it?

Oh and You're all welcome to make recommendations regarding Y/n's clothing, otherwise I'll choose something soon.