Nail in the Coffin

I have nothing to say here, enjoy

________________________________________________________________________________

It had been quite some time since we started our search for that loud Oni, apparently his name was Itto and according to Sara he wasn't the brightest candle. We had by now been searching for nearly a day until I just could not take it anymore.

Y/n: "Ganyu you may not want this, but we have to accept that the Oni most likely went down the Chasm. Trespassing and breaking rules doesn't seem to far fetched from Sara's description of him."

I wasn't surprised by the small shriek Ganyu offered as a response, after all we had been searching for hours on end without talking to eachother. Before she could talk Sara too spoke up.

Sara: "Indeed, we haven't encountered this Yanfei either. That can only mean whatever she was looking for resides further down the Chasm. I understand your hesitant to access the lower regions and I don't doubt that you're this insistant because of a good reason, I too have started to pick up on the omnious energy leaking from there. We can turn aound now and go home, I wouldn't hold it against you as I am a woman of law as well, however know that whatever that is could be potentially harmful, not just to that stupid Oni but to all fo Liyue as well."

So they felt it too? This energy...now that I focus on it...it feels so familiar, just like the-

[Dubán: "Abyss? Yes that would be an adequate guess"]

Y/n: "!" Was that really... no I must be imagining things.

[Dubán: "Oi you better not ignore me now! I just recovered from saving your entire existence and you IGNORE ME!?"]

[Y/n: "So it was you. Why have you been so quiet since Beisht? You missed a lot you know"]

[Dubán: "Believe me, I saw everything. I just did not have the...let's say energy to actually interact with you. I don't know what we did back there against Beisht either but it happned anyway, draining me completely in the process."]

Ganyu: "Y/n? Is everything ok? You've been staring into space for some time now."

Y/n: "Huh? Oh Yeah I'm fine! I've just been trying to pinpoint the origin of that strange energy we apparently all can sense."

Sara: "So you can sense it too? Interesting. It feels familiar to me, but I can't quite figure out why."

Y/n: "Mmh to me it feels like the small burst of energy I feel whenever an Abyss mage creates his shield in battle, or when they teleport." As a response to my comment she just gave me a strange look before her eyes widened.

Sara: "Did you also hear that scream? It was quite high pitched. I think it came from-"

Ganyu: "Scream? I can only detect shifts in the temperatures everywhere around-"

Y/n: "What? Clearly the energy suddenly spiked in the-"

Sara/ Ganyu/ Y/n: "Lower chasm!"

With a loud sigh from Ganyu she gave us a solemn nod before darting off, thankfully not too fast, otherwise we would not have been able to follow her. At least not for long.

Before long we realized that the man made entrance was sealed shut long ago, leaving us with no other option than to glide down, fortunately I packed a glider in advance, knowing off about the drastic changes in altitude around the chasm.