Bedside Confessions

Hello. I... have nothing to tell you actually..Enjoy?

________________________________________________________________________________

It has been weeks since Liyue Harbour faced the thread that many call Beisht, weeks since the new Jade Chamber rose to the clouds and it has been weeks since anyone saw the reckless yet hopeful act of a singular vision bearer native to Liyue.

Now let us see what this vision bearer is up to now.

Y/n: "So..let me get this as straight as I can be. I stopped Beisht, somehow, and been asleep since then?" He's kidding me, right?

Zhongli: "Yes that would be the shortest version my dear, during your slumber I made sure to take good care of you. Rest assured that almost everything has by now been returned to normal, excluding the public's demand to see you in person again."

Y/n: "You wouldn't happen to be talking about the reason why I feel so weird right now, would you?" My entire body feels as light as a feather, but I also feel a small tingling sensation throughout my body, it feels weird.

Zhongli: "Ah, yes that would be a correct assumption of you. No one, not even I, know what happened to you out there, but I do believe to have some reasonable ideas. That Khanri'ahn spirit may have been key in your victory." Key to my victory? Man and here I thought I did in with my own power.

Zhongli: "At first it seemed as though the wave would consume you before it froze completely, yet a crystalline star engulfed your form before the wave could, allowing you to freeze the wave from within itself. The last time I saw a construct like this was about 500 years ago, only a talented and seasoned alchemist of Khanri'ah could be able to create a construct like this out of the blue." An experienced alchemist? But I never even read a book about such things. How would I even-

[Y/n: "Dubán? Can you tell me more about any of this?"]

The only thing that followed my question was silence, no sarcastic remark, no nothing. Just pure, unbridled silence.

[Y/n: "Hello?"]

Still silence, man the one time I want to know more about Khanri'ah and he vanishes, great.

Zhongli: "On that note though, this construct's creation, coupled with the amount of cryo energy being channeled through your arms already, gave you quite the backlash. Luckily nothing a good amount of rest couldn't fix, well of course I arranged the best possible health care Liyue could offer just in case." Knowing this just makes me feel guilty now, I now how little money he has, despite having been the god of mora and all.

Zhongli: "Despite Dr. Baizhou's best efforts the scarring of your injuries seemed to be impossible to avoid. I do hope you acknowledge those scars and refrain from giving me any more heart attacks in the future alright?"

He seemed to have sensed my confusion when he mentioned scars, seeing as I was currently eying my arms intensely without seeing a single scar. Without muttering a single word he slowly took my hand, turning my arm to reveal dull, white, lightning shaped scars that seemed to travel up the inner side of my arms until fading shortly before reaching my upper arm.

Y/n: "Woah these look so cool! Look Zhongli their white! White! Oh I'm going to show them to Lumine the next time I see her, she'll be so jealous I can feel it already." Ehe judging by his deadpanned expression that wasn't the answer he wanted to hear huh?

Y/n: "Ehem what I meant to say is, I'll try my best to think twice before doing something potentionally dangerous again, I promise."

Zhongli: "*Sigh*I guess that is good enough for me, knowing you'll at least think before throwing yourself in harms way is already a good step up from what you did last time."