Distorted Play

So I just noticed that I wrote the last Chapter on the wrong page, meaning it has the wrong title (I got like 7 drafts to remember when what happens) but that should be fixed by the time this is uploaded :)

________________________________________________________________________________

It was quiet, too quiet. Peeking out of my hiding place I immediately took notice of the knocked out guards, luckily I wasn't able to see any forming puddles of blood so they should be ok. Hearing the door open rather loudly I saw no other than Lumine and Paimon enter, meaning the guard outside were also defeated.

Paimon: "Look the guards! What happened here and where is the culprit?" The fairy said more but I could only here little of it form my position.

Noticing that the two were closing in on the Exuvia I got myself ready to intercept them any second from now, but the slow clapping and the generally dramatic entrance of Childe made me reconsider. Lumine alone would have been in the range of possibility but both of them?

Childe: "You've already fulfilled your task as guides, so why do you still linger?  If you were to be a Fatui i could imagine the Tsarita rewarding you generosly, but as off now you're nothing but a nuisance that is standing in my way." Wait so he only knows of this place because of Lumine?

Lumine: "How did you find out it was here? Judging by the defeated guards you've been waiting for somebody, no you were expecting me here for a bit of time now right?" I see so she didn't guide him here like I thought.

Childe: "Haha- that was a good one girlie, but no I was expecting the only person that had the brain power to not trust me, a Fatui Harbinger, blindly. Yet he hasn't arrived like I thought and he was so close to figuring out our plan too, what a pity. Now enough pleasantries, let me get rid of dross like you right here and now!" Is he...praising me? I don't know if I should feel honored or if I should gag from disgust here.

Hearing the clashing of blades I watched as Lumine started to actively destroy the ginger in combat, guess she's a total combat pro. It didn't take long for her to try and finish this fight, alas she had to vault backwards in order to avoid a sudden thunder strike that came from above.

Snapping out of my daze I noticed that Childe's form had changed, albeit only slightly. His originally grey clothes were exchanged for a black outfit and a purple scarf that was crackling from electric energy. But I thought he had a hydro vision?

Childe: "Let's see how you fair against my delusion traveller." A delusion? Is that some kind of vision for crazy people? I'll just assume it's not a vision granted by a god, but more of a human creation.

Well whatever it is its working wonders for his strength. What was a one sided slaughter by Lumine turned into her barely keeping up with the ginger. Realizing that she was outmatched in both strength and speed i decided to send her a little battle aid, a temporary avatar of cryo.

While I was starting to accumulate the needed energy I watched as Lumine was hit by rather strong looking explosion of thunder that send her towards the stairs to the entrance, meanwhile I got ready to intercept the ginger at any point, but before I could even blink he had already vanished. Searching around frantically I finally found him, but it was already too late as his hand was already in the Exuvia, searching for the Gnosis. Guess this means plan b.

Childe: "You fought well Traveller, but this is the end, with this the gnosis is now in my possession! *rips his arm out, only to see nothing but dust in his hands*What is the meaning of this?! You...you tricked me didn't you?! You had the Gnosis all along didn't you!" In his range he flung himself towards Lumine only for the latter to block the strike.