Meeting of Four... and Me?

Did I say it would be a short Lantern rite Chapter? Yes. Is it nearly 3k words? Also yes. But now it's canon?

I'm too tired to proofread, alert me if you find any grave mistakes pls.

_____________________________________________________________

Whangshu Inn, a wonderful place to rest on the journey between Liyue and Mondstadt. Its unique tree house like build allowed a breathtaking view of Liyue's sceneries, its mountain ranges and deep lakes. Yet here I am talking to the grumpy Yaksha instead of working.

How it came to this? Simple really, I was busy planning my wedding and preparing for tonights Lantern Rite and guess what? Mr. Grumpy decided to abduct me... again.

Y/n: "I know you're not the biggest fan of talking about anything, but please tell me why you just abducted me."

Xiao: "You are married to rex- I mean Zhongli, I was unable to get a hold of him so I figured you might be able to help as well." Please not another Sea Serpent.

Y/n: "Well spit it out then, I still need to pick up my suit for tonight. Zhnogli said I had to meet someone and to be dressed nicely."

Xiao: "I- please promise not to ridicule me." Please don't tell me I need to have the birds and bees talk with him, please I beg of you.

Y/n: "I promise, now out with it or I'm gone."

Xiao: "I- I may have been invited to a dinner, I may not have to worry about my karmatic debt as much since all participants are 'familiar with the control of elemental powers' but I...."

Y/n: "You couldn't refuse? Or you don't want to? I can always drag you along and tell them your assistance was required elsewhere."

Xiao: "No I want to attent but... how does one act during such 'dinners'? As a Yaksha my duties have always kept me away from such events, but now... I simply refuse to become a laughing stock for some mortals." Pfft- no focus Y/n, he need your help and you will deliver.

Y/n: "Well usually you dress yourself in nice clothes, but I guess you get to skip that part. Table manners are already familiar to you as well, mph well i guess small talk is also involved. Generally you are to stay polite unless with friends, then you can talk a bit more open. But other than that I can't really give you any tips, situational awareness is key. Oh I believe I have something for you too!" Opening the rift I started to abuse as a storage i began searching for the item in question.

Xiao: "Situational awareness... I guess I can get behind that. Thank you."

Y/n: "Oh it's nothing really, now where did I put that thing?!" Wait, last time I had it....where did I put it? Oh right.

Closing my rift I dug into the left pocket of my pants and pulled out a small, green wrapped box.

Y/n: "Here, I've been meaning to give this to you, but somehow you always avoided me. Even when I called you, pretty rude by the way."

Xiao: "I...had my reasons, reasons I will disclose in the near future until then i can only apolegise again. Now, alow me to take you home. This Dinner is starting soon and I intend to be punctual." Geez guess someone important invited him.

Y/n: "Fine fine, let's go." Just as I said my last words the scenery of the harbour flashed into my line of vision.

Looking around I begann to inspect all the decorations hanging from the walls and lampposts, fun little games spread around the harbour and firework in position wherever you may look. Only now did it dawn on me that maybe I overworked myself if I failed to notice all this earlier.