A Tale Of Loss

Happy New Year Everyone :D Can't wait to pull for Alhaitham, nor can i believe that I have to start googling how weddings usually work, haven't been to one.

[4030 words]

_____________________________________________________________

Lumine: "Hey, wait up! I told you already, I'm sorry!"

Y/n: "Yeah yeah less sorry more running please. Xiao should be fighting somewhere up ahead. Sure he can handle himself in a fight but..."

Lumine: "He's getting more reckless recently, I've noticed too." At least you noticed something blondie.

Y/n: "Exactly and I don't know if my partners in crime already finished their battle or if they were held up for even longer." I hope Sara wasn't forced to battle any of those ancient gods from Ganyu's memories.

Lumine: "Wait so Ganyu and Sara are actually down here?!" Gha how did she suddenly get to my left?!

Y/n: "Yes the three of us were originally only searching for that Oni that trespassed and followed you down here, now we are fighting our way straight through memory lane and showing each other our worst fears! Feels like those vacation Islands all over again."

Jumping through yet another gate we finaly made it to the fight. Before us a heavy fog settled on the battlefield, dispersing and reappearing, sometimes a dark purple, at other times a bone-chilling white and in between blackish-green bursts of anemo that blasts the fog away.

It was almost fascinating to watch Ganyu and Xiao tag team the shadowy figure like it was just a daily warm-up routine, despite it not being necessary I gave a silent not to Lumine before dashing into the fray. despite their power it seemed to be quite draining for them too.

And soon Xiao was forced to jump back for a bit of breathing room, using that opportunity I rushed in, summoning two curved short swords before blocking a swing from that weird shadow, protecting Xiao from a follow-up attack.

Y/n: "Sorry it took so long, there was a slight misunderstanding." The shadow's fists were starting to push me back when Lumine came rushing in with her sword crackling with electric energy. Anyway why does he have four fists anyways?!

Lumine: "I told you I'm sorry ok! You weren't exactly telling me to stop my attacks either!" To block her attack the shadow was fored to divide his attention on two targets, forgetting the other two.

???: "Filthy monsters, so many people have died at your hands!" What is he talking about?

I gave Lumine an uncertain look before letting Ice slowly creep up his arms, it doesn't seem like he is actually in the presence? How does that even make sense? His 'body' is here fighting us, yet he is not reacting to our attacks, but to enemies of the past?

Eventually he seemed to acknowledge our fight, at least he begann panting quiet heavily.

Paimon: "Xiao look! He's starting to get tired!" Where the hell did she- no, calm down Y/n, this is Paimon you're talking about. She comes and goes as she pleases.

Y/n: "Yes that's nice and all, but please finish him! We can't hold him forever, he's starting to crack my ice!" And just as I said it he shattered his bindings completely.

It seemes as if he knew he had to take me out first to avoid any more restraining traps, by breaking out he forced both me and Lumine to fall back in hopes of avoiding any stray ice shards he send flying, a big mistake as he was now out of Lumine's range and could sprint towards me.