Dreams of Snow and Ice

Today's inspiration was the picture at the top. Did i intend to release this last week? Yes did I forget and let it collect dust in my drafts? Also Yes :)

________________________________________________________________________________

It's cold...so so cold. Why...why is it so cold?

I feel so alone... where is everybody?

Why won't my eyes open...or are they open already? I can't see.

???: "Allow me." Who was that? I can't remembere anything...

A single bright blue star flared to life, shimmering until its light blinded even the darkest shadows of this place. Re-opening my eyes I was met with a surrounding coloured in different shades of dark and teal blue.

This...isolated place was but a small space, one about as big as a small bedroom, surrounded by high walls of wave shaped stone. Its teal blue colour turning them into illusive waves (see picture above for help)

It feels so suffocating.

Where am I? What is this place...

*Clank*

What was that? Turning around as soon as I heard the noise I saw...nothing?

Moving around while turning in every direction I was only ever able to spot a moving shadow in my peripheral vision, but once I locked onto the shadow it was simply gone...

*Crunch*

 I flinched as soon as the sound came from beneath my boots, it sounded like a frozen lake breaking in beneath you.

Slowly lifting my foot I saw what made the noise. A single chunk of the tall walls layed beneath my feet, melting into a puddle as I watched it anxiously.

It melted...into a puddle...

That means...!

My eyes widened as I whipped my head around, focusing on the 'rock' instead of the shadows... I was right. Those aren't rocks but waves that were frozen solid.

Looking up it suddenly semed as if the frozen waves were growing, looming over me like an unspoken thread to my life.

Next thing I know my surrounding darkened once more, but not as extreme as before since I was still able to see this frozen prison around me, as a hollow and malicious voice filled my ears.

???: "Humans never change do they? They act brave, considered and kind but in the face of real power they run, they hide ..." Following those ominous words I heard cracking noises all around me.

I took a step back out of instinct but turning anywhere gave the same result.

Terror, pure unbridled terror was all I felt as I watched the forming cracks in the ice.

Terror as i felt the first drops land on my face, as I watched waves big enough to drown all of Liyue crash against eachother.

Pain...

The first thing I felt was pain from the sheer power of the wave alone, it shocked me so much that only now the burning feeling of my lungs became clear to me.

No matter how hard I struggle, I'll never make it out. I knew it, it was obvious that I'd never be able to reach the end of this endless blue body of water.

Tired...

I feel so tired.

I can barely feel my arms. Why is it getting darker again?

???: "Pathetic. He who cannot handle the floods shall never open the gates."

Gates? What gates is it talking about?

________________________________________________________________________________

POV: Zhongli

I'm suprised he's able to sleep for so long, is it because humans enjoy holding each other in their sleep? Well I cannot judge since I too enjoy this. Seeing his disheveled hair and slightly red face or just Y/n's general sleeping face seems to be able to put my mind at ease....plus his hair is very soft. He doesn't seem to mind my hand playing with his hair, it even seems as if he enjoys it.

Sadly this peaceful and domestic was interupted when I noticed Y/n's breath hitch, a nightmare perhaps? No judging by the ice that is forming all around the room I'd say this is worse. He needs to wake up now!

I only remembere one other case with those symptoms, said man couldn't wake up and became one of my first clients while I worked under Master Hu. First I need to see what this dream of his is.

A... flood? How peculiar, i expected wore but this is even better. Preparing myself I tried to force a rift into this nightmare, to act like a simple storm drain of sorts and I'm relieved to see it working. Not a few seconds later his eyes shot open.

Y/n: "Zhongli?" I don't know what that was about but it seemed to have left a big enough impression when even Y/n is barely able to choke out any words. The vulnerability in his voice made my heart burn like crazy and before I knew how to act I had already pushed his head to my chest. One hand on his back while I gently trailed the other through his hair.

Zhongli: "Shh don't worry my dear I've got you right here in my arms. Everything is ok, it was just a nightmare." Whispering sweet nothings into his ears seems to be the most efficent way to calm his nerves, I'll have to keep a list for the future so I'll be better prepared.

It took some time but after a good ten minutes I was able to reduce Y/n's distress to nothing more than a pair of shaking hands. I think I should discuss these unusual nightmares with the other adepti once I've finished the preparations for the rite of passing, maybe I can convice Miss Yun to let me borrow Y/n for that? But that would be counter productive since I also have to collect it today, maybe I can splitt from him for a few minutes just to retrieve it? If not I'll just retrieve it tomorrow.

Y/n: "Thank you Zhongli I really needed that comfort right now." His hoarse voice snapped me out of my thoughts. His eyes held a new spark in them, one I hadn't seen before. I wonder what he's thinking.

Y/n: "By the way I have your chest is really comfy. I always thought muscular chests would be hard and uncomfortable to lie on."

Zhongli: "It can be both actually. The only reason my muscles are soft is because they're in a relaxed state. Either way soft or hard the only one with the privilage to rest on them will be you." I think he noticed my red face by now but at least I got him back.

I watched him as he hid his face in my chest once more before asking me something in a slightly muffled tone.

Y/n: "Say Zhongli, do you want to meet my sister today? The Yun-Han Opera House will be closed for a week due to recent events and stuff. Of course we could also just lay here and sleep more." I see so he got a week off because of Rex Lapis 'assassination', how convenient.

Zhongli: "I'd love to meet her, as for the later part I sadly have duties to attend to. You're always welcome to help me prepare my own funeral if you'd like." Luckily for me I managed to make him chuckle a bit with my response.

Y/n: "Of course it's like a tiny mini date then! Let's go already!" Before I could protest to this being called a date he jumped up and ran to another room closeby, presumably the bathroom.

Well I guess I'll have to retrieve it today if he want to call this a date.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Yeah it's like 23:55 here :D

I wonder what happens when their date is disrupted? Maybe a Ginger knows what'll happen :0