On-going Preparations

I honestly didn't know how to call this chapter. Expect a short lantern rite chapter after this :D

Oh and sorry for vanishing for a little while.

Too tired to proof read, enjoy.

________________________________________________________________________________

It has been a month now that we returned from the Chasm, back then we nearly gave Zhongli a heart attack. Maybe because I had to be carried by Xiao because I myself was too weak to, or maybe I was partially covered in blood. I don't know if it was because of the strain I put on my body or because of my rather forced split from Dubán.

Speaking of Dubán, after his... abrupt departure I've noticed many changes. For one my pupils have been reshaped into their star like counter parts, a sight usually reserved for when he took over, but now I get to see them every day. Over the last few weeks I begann to feel more energised, like I could immitate Ganyu's working habits and stay up days on end without rest.

A few tests conducted by Cloud Retainer delivered results I had not expected. According to her, my bodily structure no longer resembled that of a mortal human. After comparing my body's structure to that of many she came to an even more suprising result. The closest match was no other than Adeptus Xiao by no less than 96% of similarity.

When she announced the results her voice held nothing but joy, why? Because now she had a reason to force me through very harsh training seeing as my current powers were but a speck of dirt compared to that of an adeptus, very encouraging. At least I was able to avoid said training for now. Instead I'm now stuck at planning a wedding myself since Zhongli just blindly agrees to any opinion of mine.

Cake? He doesn't care since he likes all kinds. Possible colour pallets for the wedding? He'd willingly wear a bright neon pink suit if it meant marrying me, I could die peaceful knowing that but that's not the point here.

So now I'm just sitting on a rock somewhere in Dihua Marsh contemplating this past month. Grieving isn't exactly my thing, but throwing myself into mountains of work, planning and more sure isn't healthy either.

Don't even get me started on choosing my Bridesmaids, Xiangling was the obvious pick for Maid of honour but who else do I choose? Maybe Shenhe? I would ask Lumine but currently she is off to Sumeru so asking her will be difficult. I could ask Yelan, though I have a hunch she'd decline immediately. Who would've thought it could be this difficult.

Jin can be thankful for being invited at all.

Now I could continue giving myself a headache or I could beat those Abyss Mages into submission for fun. Yeah I think option two it is.

Gathering myself I slowly crept closer using the surrounding bushes and trees as cover. While planning a quick strike attack I decided to first listen in on their... conversations.

Hydro Mage: "His majesty wishes for everything to go smoothly, we cannot allow any mortal interference this time around."

Pyro Mage: "Yes, we can't allow what happened in the Chasm to repeat itself!"

Hydro Mage 2: "But wasn't the interference a good thing? Our people suffered because of that machine..."

Pyro Mage: "Shut up! Our Prince always acts within reason! Don't let the Heralds hear you speak ill off him!"

Hydro Mage: "Quiet you two! Who knows what or who you could attract with your noise. Let's just hope our Prince's sister doesn't involve herself again, I cannot bear her insulting little partner." Wait a minute... Prince of the Abyss? A sister with an annoying little partner? Don't tell me Lumine's missing brother is the one leading the forces of the Abyss!