Chapter 2

Ji Ting's mind went blank for a moment. She calmly lifted his waistband up, as if she was helping him change his clothes. "I'm sorry for changing your clothes without permission."

Shen Tuchuan, like a wounded little beast, silently grabbed his waistband and stared at her warily. In the end he was a young man who had not yet grown into a scheming villain. He could not hide the hatred he had for the world.

 But it was also good that he showed it. It was better than the blank expression he had in the alley before. Ji Ting pretended that she hadn't done anything, helped him slow down the drip, and gently spoke. "This is a nutritious needle. It's good for your health. I just ordered lean meat porridge, you can drink it when it gets here." 

Shen Tuchang looked at her and clearly felt that he had been washed and his clothes had been changed. The soft cloth was pasted on his clean body, and he felt alive in an instant. For the first time, he looked at the woman with his eyes on her bright and clean face. He stopped for a minute and suddenly pulled out the needle on the back of his hand.

Ji Ting was startled when she saw this. She quickly held down his hand. The young man's eyes, which still looked extremely weak, suddenly became fierce.

"I won't hurt you, if you don't like it, I'll ask the nurse to help you pull it out, but you can't pull it out yourself, ok?" Ji Ting quietly spoke to him, but her hands firmly held him down.

Shin Tuchuan struggled two more times. Soon he was exhausted. Only his eyes were still staring at Ji Ting. Obviously, he hated the fact that a stranger was taking care of his affairs.

Ji Ting didn't care about being watched like this, but smiled at him. Shen Tuchuan's eyes had a little inner double lid, with slightly upward corners. It was a kind of eye shape with great momentum. Although he was still growing, she could imagine how charming he was after he blackened ten years later.

The fate of such a good-looking child was so bumpy. Ji Ting understood the readers' complaints.

Just as she was distracted, there was a knock on the door outside. She said, "Please come in." Then she smelled the porridge. It was the take-out she ordered. The porridge was put on the table by the takeaway brother. Ji Ting was going to get it. Suddenly he noticed Shen Tuchuan's eyes, She didn't get up immediately, one hand pressed his wrist and the other rang the call bell.

Shen Tuchuan was seen through by Ji Ting. His eyes became even colder. He simply closed his eyes and refused to look at her. His heart was not bothered.

The nurse came quickly and didn't agree with them when she heard that they wanted to pull out the nutrition needle, but when she saw that they insisted, she had to help pull out the needle.

After pulling out the needle, Ji Ting let go of his hand. She turned her head and opened the lunch box, she kept stirring the porridge with a disposable spoon to make it cool. Ji Ting stared at Shen Tuchuan. Seeing that he was determined to ignore her, she quietly brought the porridge closer to him and deliberately fanned it in his direction.

The devil also had the instinct to eat, what was more, he was only a minor, Ji Ting clearly saw his throat move, she couldn't help but smile. He should have been extremely hungry, otherwise he wouldn't have risked his life to protect a pancake.

The plot in the original text was the most difficult time in Shen Tuchuan's life. His brother betrayed him, his left leg was ruined, all his savings were used to pay for his medical expenses. After several days of hunger, he finally put down his dignity and picked up plastic bottles and bought one pancake with the money earned.

And that pancake was now in the garbage dump in the alley.

  There was thunder in the thick clouds outside the ward, and the rain finally came as promised. Ji Ting checked the temperature of the porridge. After she was sure that he could drink it, she stopped teasing him. She scooped a spoon and put it close to the young man's lips.