Chapter 7

Ji Ting had to find a job. In order to help Shen Tuchuan nourish his body, she had started buying supplements. Shen Tuchuan's appearance became better and better, but her bank card balance kept decreasing. There was just a little more than two thousand yuan left, which was only enough money to buy one month's supply of Shen Tuchuan's supplements.

With no other choice, Ji Ting followed her original plan, she found a desk job at a nearby high school and began to officially work. Because of the short break at noon, she did not go back home to eat lunch, but instead chose to order take out, though after a few times she got tired of eating it.

It was another afternoon, and just as Ji Ting was searching the internet for a place to order takeout from, the front desk suddenly called out to her. "Xiao Ji, someone is looking for you."

Ji Ting looked up suspiciously and saw Shen Tuchuan standing at the front desk with a cold expression, holding a lunch box in his hand. She froze for a second then ran towards him surprised, almost not recognising him due to his new, normal dress. "Why are you here?"

"Bringing you a meal." Shen Tuchuan, who had not been outside in a long time, had been examined by various eyes along the way. He almost threw out the food halfway and turned back, but at the moment when he saw Ji Ting's pleasantly surprised smile, he suddenly felt calmer.

Ji Ting immediately took the lunch box from his hand. Shen Tuchuan raised his crutches, about to leave, but was pulled back by her. "I can't finish eating this much food, let's eat together."

"No thanks, you eat it yourself." Shen Tuchuan didn't say anything.

Ji Ting didn't listen to him, held the lunch box in one hand and grabbed his arm in the other. "Come in quickly, I'm starving to death. We can go to the meeting room to eat, there's no one there."

When Shen Tuchuan heard that no one would be there, he seemed less determined to leave and his steps instantly slowed. Ji Ting laughed and dragged him away. On the way, she met a colleague that could be considered familiar with her. That person asked curiously, "Xiao Ji, who is this?"

"My little brother." Ji Ting replied in a good mood, but she didn't notice that after she said these three words, there was a person next to her whose face darkened.

They continued in silence all the way to the meeting room. There really was no one inside. Ji Ting waited for Shen Tuchuan to enter before closing the door. As she locked the door, she said, "Usually no one uses this room. Don't worry about anyone disturbing you. After you finish eating, you can take a break here and then go back."

After locking the door, she turned and saw Shen Tuchuan's unhappy face at once, and blinked in confusion. Wasn't his mood OK just now? Why was his mood suddenly not OK?

"I am your younger brother?" Shen Tuchuan's youthful temperament originally wanted to wait for her to discover his displeasure, but still could not hold it in and ridicule, "What, you think I am embarrassing to you, so there is no way to be honest about our relationship?"

Ji Ting instantly understood why he was angry, and couldn't help but laugh. "What are you thinking? I was afraid that you think I'm embarrassing, so I hid it with good intent."

"What would I be embarrassed for." Shen Tuchuan scoffed.

Ji Ting sighed and sat down next to him. "Of course I am afraid. I am six years older than you and have no money. If someone else knows that the woman you are with is such a waste, they will definitely laugh at you."

"......Nonsense." Shen Tuchuan snorted dismissively, but his expression was good. As long as she wasn't embarrassed that he was a crippled person, then that would be good. As for the reason she said, although he thought this woman was stupid, he never made light of her, nor did he feel ashamed of living with her.